How Soon Can I Start

Baking By ann925 Updated 5 Jul 2008 , 7:58pm by Jocmom

ann925 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ann925 Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 7:45pm
post #1 of 8

I have lots of cookies to make for next friday. When can I start baking the cookies, decorating them, packaging them so they are still fresh my friday. I am using royal icing. Thanks.

7 replies
spoonfedcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spoonfedcake Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 11:36pm
post #2 of 8

Just start now and package them up. I think theres so much preservatives in stuff that they should last no problem - at least as long as theres no milk or cream in the frosting.

spoonfedcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spoonfedcake Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 11:38pm
post #3 of 8

Lookit that! I got a star!

twooten173 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twooten173 Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 1:01am
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann925

I have lots of cookies to make for next friday. When can I start baking the cookies, decorating them, packaging them so they are still fresh my friday. I am using royal icing. Thanks.

I recently had to do fifty cookies. I baked them and covered them with royal icing - just basic white - and let them dry. I froze them for about a week then decorated when I pulled out of the fridge. They were fine.

Maybe some cookie gurus have more insite on this.

onceuponacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onceuponacookie Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 3:56am
post #5 of 8

I have done it where I do all my baking (100 cookies), freeze them, thaw, decorate and bag, and they are great. I have also baked, decorated, bagged and then froze and they are also just perfect.

For next weekend I have two seperate things to do, both 100 cookies each. This time I am doing all my baking, then I am going to worry about the decorating part. : )

arle1727 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arle1727 Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 2:43pm
post #6 of 8

Recently I have an order for 100 cookies. I bake them on Wednesday, decorated them on Thursday and package on Friday. The same weekend was my sons bday, so I do that to delivered on Monday. They wer so good. So you can start now.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 2:57pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonfedcake

Just start now and package them up. I think theres so much preservatives in stuff that they should last no problem - at least as long as theres no milk or cream in the frosting.

If you package them all up now they will be a week old before you deliver that's quite a stretch.

I think I would make and freeze the cut out cookie now.

Bake and decorate and package a al minute.

I'm not a cookie guru but it is too early to decorate and package cookies for Friday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonfedcake

Lookit that! I got a star!

But did you earn that star?

Jocmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jocmom Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 7:58pm
post #8 of 8

I agree with freezing them. Have you ever had a Lofthouse cookie? They sell them in lots of grocery stores. They're shipped frozen. A friend that works at a grocery store said that they call them "thaw and gnaw" cookies. Same thing with "Cheryl & Co." cookies that you can order. They're individually wrapped, frozen, and shipped frozen. Both brands taste fresh and are soooo soft when you get them.

Okay - now I'm hungry for cookies. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%