Top Tier Question

Decorating By TexasTam Updated 4 Jul 2008 , 6:33pm by indydebi

TexasTam Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 1:58pm
post #1 of 4

The top tier on my wedding cake is going to be on pillars. Do I leave the cake on the cardboard or put it right on the seperator plate?

Also, I have seen cake on here that look like the pillars sit right on the BC how does it not fall in the cake? It doesn't seem like these cakes have separator plates or cardboard. Does this make sense?

3 replies
Mandica12182 Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 2:14pm
post #2 of 4

Leave it on a board....I would.

I am thinking that you are thinking of the push in oillars that actually go through the cake and rest on a plate underneath.

Hopefully someone else can help you out with this too.

leah_s Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 2:24pm
post #3 of 4

Yes, definitely leave your cake on a cardboard, After placing it on the plate, then border to cover the edge of the cardboard.

Push in pillars are what you're looking at. Wilton makes some (unstable in my opinion) and of course SPS has a longer leg that creates a separation and is still very stable.

indydebi Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 6:33pm
post #4 of 4

One reason for putting the top tier on a cardboard is so the bride can remove the cardboard and cake to put in her freezer (if that's what she's doing) and return your plate to you asap.

What you're probably seeing is the wilton push in pillars that have these little "rings" that slide down the pillar to rest on top of the cake .... making it look like the pillar is sitting on the cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%