Emergency Cake Disaster Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Decorating By CocoaBlondie Updated 6 Jul 2008 , 1:26pm by CocoaBlondie

CocoaBlondie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CocoaBlondie Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 1:10pm
post #1 of 6

I need to have this cake done by noon today. I used a cream cheese whipped cream icing, which I never tried before. Last night I made the 8 inch x 4 inch outside surrounded in checker board for racing. This morning I took it out to add some more decor & all the black fondant smeared down the side of my perfectly smmoooottthh white icing. I have mushy fondant & black streaks everywhere. icon_mad.gif Suggestions... How can I fix this??? icon_cry.gif

5 replies
MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 2:16pm
post #2 of 6

Oh no! icon_eek.gif Gawd I hate when things go wrong...

Whipped cream is too wet for fondant, as you now know. You have to use BC with fondant. I had a similar experience when I was new at his and didn't think I needed to crumb coat a display cake for table-top show. My callalillies were a gooey blob, sliding down the cake.

Unofrtunately, you just have to start over with BC. You can add cream cheese to it and use a cream cheese filling icon_redface.gif

CocoaBlondie Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 8:24pm
post #3 of 6

I actually did have cream cheese in the whipped cream frosting. I used the popular one from the site. I also added a little more con. sugar & a stabilizer. Thinking I would be okay. I guess you live & learn. I ended up covering my cake in fondant & remade all my cut-outs. I just made it in time whoo hooo!!

CocoaBlondie Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 9:07pm
post #4 of 6

Here is how my cake disaster turned out. It's not perfect but it's alot better than it was. Believe ME.
LL

KateWatson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KateWatson Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 3:29am
post #5 of 6

Great save, it's a lovely cake!!

CocoaBlondie Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 1:26pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks for the encouraging words!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%