Can I Make Boxed.........

Decorating By kalida Updated 4 Jul 2008 , 9:41pm by kalida

kalida Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 11:51am
post #1 of 6

Custard as a cake filling?
Customer requested a vanilla flavored cake with custard filling covered with fondant. If i can use boxed custard mix as a filling, must the cake go in the refridgerater? Cause i read that fondant doesn't stand-up pretty well in there icon_confused.gif Help icon_cry.gificon_sad.gif

5 replies
-K8memphis Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 12:02pm
post #2 of 6

Yes the filling needs to be handled like the box of pudding directions says. So mine always say to keep refrigerated.

There's sleeved bavarian filling that doesn't have to be friged. You could add something to it to jazz it up if you wanted. Like a little jolt of vanilla or something.

Custardy ideas for you.

kalida Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 2:33pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks for you help k8memphis.
Would the fondant hold up? And the custard fillings her on CC? Do they need to go in the refridgerator also?

-K8memphis Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 2:36pm
post #4 of 6

I mean I put my fondant cakes in the frige but some folks don't. And I would guess that any cooked custard needs to be friged.

Can you get the sleeved fillings over there?

http://www.abcsugarart.com/fillings/fillingsmain.htm

kalida Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 9:41pm
post #6 of 6

Ohh am sorry i went to work and there i am again first thing sit behind the pc on CC site. Am sprung i tell you sprung ;op .Now answering your question K8... NO we dont have sleeve her i never saw them even my the supply stores are limited. I have to drive an hour before i get to the cake supply stuff store and most of the time they dont have what i need. icon_surprised.gif(
fingers cross i will try the fondant in the refridgerater.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%