Michelle Foster Fondant Question Urgent!!!

Decorating By SouthernSugar Updated 4 Jul 2008 , 12:25pm by maggiev777

SouthernSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SouthernSugar Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 11:05am
post #1 of 5

Well first my disaster. I have a 3D sculpted motorcycle cake due tonight at 7 pm. Cake was sculpted, all the "accessories" were molded, cut, painted, etc. Only thing I had to get up and do this morning was put the fondant on and glue on all the pretties. I made MMF for this cake a couple of days ago, mostly because I was in a hurry, normally I would have made Michelle's. BAD IDEA! The fondant stuck to my acetate sheets as I was rolling it out, never had that happen with fondant before, thought I could salvage it since so much gets "glued" over it but that was my second mistake, as I was laying the fondant over the cake it fell apart, and while trying desperately to save it I knocked the cake over icon_eek.gif

Now for my question, cake is rebaked and recarved, I made Michelle;s fondant about an hour ago but can I use it this soon?!?!?!? Normally I would let it rest for 24 hours but I am in a terrible crunch for time. Will this work without resting or am I doomed to run try to find some Wilton?

4 replies
newnancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newnancy Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 11:57am
post #2 of 5

Sorry I don't know (new).....just wanted to tell you it will work out & give you a bump so you might get some answers. thumbs_up.gif

endymion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
endymion Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 11:58am
post #3 of 5

I have used a recipe very similar to Michele's immediately after making it and it worked fine for me. (It was on a carved roller skate cake.)

lorrieg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorrieg Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 12:01pm
post #4 of 5

I've used freshly made fondant as soon as I've made it. What have you got to lose? Good luck!

maggiev777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maggiev777 Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 12:25pm
post #5 of 5

I've always let my fondant rest too (I also use Michele Foster's) but given the choice between non-rested fondant and Wilton's - I would DEFINITELY just give the Michele Foster fondant a try. The only thing I'd be careful of is putting it on too thick, as I could imagine that it could sag or droop since it has not rested overnight. But even saggy or droopy Michele Foster fondant is waaaay better than Wilton!

Good luck, hope it works great for you! Post back so we know icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%