Does It Get Better??? Lol

Decorating By Ruby2uesday Updated 4 Jul 2008 , 9:01pm by kakeladi

Ruby2uesday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruby2uesday Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 12:08am
post #1 of 3

Ok, I'm making my first "real" cake for someone else. it's 2 differant cakes. 1 double layer 11x15 italian cream and i decided to do my first tiered cake for the 2nd. (omg already NERVOUS) anyway, so to start it off, i have a NIGHTMARE last night that i made a 4 tier wedding cake w/ all sorts of scroll work and everything beautiful and it slid off to the side! ACK!!!! So today i'm starting to bake... and i got all my cake stuff in my bowl for the italian cream cake and go to open up my first can of coconut pecan frosting.... Seperated. 2nd one... seperated... on down the line. ALL 6 CANS were NASTY!!! had to get dressed again and go back up to the store and exchange all of them in for new ones. (went to a differant walmart). looked at the shelf and only saw 3 cans! OMG i needed 6 to be on the safe side... started freaking out a little in the middle of the isle. thank goodness i had 1/2 a brain left to look at the other brands and found a whole slew of them. WHEEEW! i hope the rest of my baking/putting together tonight-saturday morning doesn't go as bad!

2 replies
Shola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shola Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 4:39pm
post #2 of 3

Lol icon_biggrin.gif! Stuff like this happens to me all the time but when I get to the shop if they've run out, they're like 'Oh we sorry come next 6 month' or something like that as most cake stuffs all imported and when it runs out it's gone 'till the next shipment! I had this with my DD's Bday cake and was like icon_surprised.gificon_cry.gif !
I had to make each tier with a different cake mix! Anyway it turned out alright in the end! I'm sure your cake will be fine! Good luck, post a pic! icon_biggrin.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 9:01pm
post #3 of 3

Ooohhhhhhh you have the cake bug bad! icon_smile.gif
Good luck - I'm sure everything will go smoothly.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%