Hello cookie makers!
The July 2008 Cookie Club theme isâ¦âsummer movies.â That means that ANY cookies you make related to any movies that are in the theaters this summer fits the theme. Don't forget to let everyone know which move your cookies relate to! Have fun creating!!!
Just to refresh your memory (and for any new members), here are the "guidelines" for the cookie club posts (from Cake_Princess' original post):
*Anyone can join us any month they choose! We love to have new members! This isnât a contest, just a way to share ideas, be creative, and learn new things related to cookies!!
* The group consensus was that all pictures must be new pictures (and new cookies). Meaning if you have a previous pictures of cookies already in your album (or in the forum) even if it depicts the theme, please do not use them for your entry in the cookie club. The idea of the monthly theme is to get our creative juices/new ideas flowing.
* Please post pictures in this thread (Do not create a separate thread for your pictures). Please post a maximum of 3 picture uploads (per person) for the monthly theme. You may, however, use graphics programs to create a collage of different pictures/angles that count as one picture post.
* Please wait to post monthly theme cookies to your personal album/ cookie Gallery until after the monthly theme has expired (the end of the month). I know you are anxious for everyone to see your cookies in your album, but keeping the monthly theme creations in only the thread for the entire month helps to increase traffic to the cookie club thread, which will help to keep it going and hopefully get more people interested in taking part. When the month is over, please feel free to post as many pictures as you wish to the galleries. We do love to see pictures!!
* Feel free to use any edible medium to decorate your cookies - fondant, royal icing, butter cream etc. The only stipulation is it has to be a medium used in cookie or cake decorating (so no play-doh!). In your post, please let us know about your creation â the type of cookie, the medium you used to decorate your cookies, any techniques that you used, etc.
* The purpose of choosing a monthly theme is to have a central theme for everyone participating to follow in order to allow us an opportunity to be creative, try new things, and learn from each other. Please try to follow the monthly theme. If the design choice is not obvious, please let us know why you chose the design you did (for example, if the theme was Music and you made ghost cookies then let us know the connection. Ghost = Phantom and Phantom of the opera > music).
* Everyone who wishes to has an opportunity to suggest a theme in the monthly suggestion thread, and all themes suggested are considered and commented on by interested members of the community. The theme is chosen at the beginning of each month by Cake_Princess or Bonniebakes (the theme is chosen based on what seems to have the most support for that particular month from the group in the suggestions thread (posted during the last week of the previous month) and any PMs Cake_Princess or Bonniebakes receives. It is not necessarily by an actual âvoteâ count.). The new theme is posted near the beginning of the month. If your suggestion wasnât chosen this month, please suggest it again in the future!
Happy Baking, everyone! I canât wait to see the results!!
Oh I'm so excited you picked movies. I've got a whole batch of NFSC with no particular purpose. Now it has one!
Has no one posted any pictures yet? I was anxious to see.
lizzyanne1 - you could be the first to post!
i don't even know what movies are out this summer. i barely have time to check my email much less go to the movies....waaah
Looks like I will have to post....no one else is. I will get on this tonight and post as soon as they are through. Not promising anything amazing.
I baked my cookies today, but won't have time to decorate until later this week. Come on cookie makers - post your creations!!