Need Idea For Stockbroker Cake

Decorating By Bohnlo Updated 4 Jul 2008 , 3:24pm by dawncr

Bohnlo Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 11:00pm
post #1 of 10

Please,,I need help! My sister wants me to make a cake for her husbands birthday. He deals with the stockmarket and she wanted something based on that. Any ideas would be greatly welcomed as I haven't a clue what to do.
thanks in advance.

9 replies
Doug Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 11:19pm
post #2 of 10

what's his sense of humor?

example: considering how stocks are going right now....

"Stocks and B-days -- they always leave you in the dumps" with pick of very depressed person (esp. apt if it's one of "those" b-days -- 40/50/60

or

It's a BEAR having a b-day" ref. to stock market in bear territory --- guy being chased by a bear.

or

"just like stocks -- the amount of lifetime left keeps going down, down, down!" --- graph of value of stock market w/ big red line going down, down, down, right off the graph.

or

may all your options be happy

cake that looks like order form for stock sales (or one of those PDA things the floor traders use

EmmyD Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 11:52pm
post #3 of 10

you could do a really old school stock certificate. or a picture of a bear and bull. other thank i am at a loss and i even work in the industry.

Bohnlo Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 4:26am
post #4 of 10

Where could I find a picture of what a Stock sell sheet or whatever its called that stockbrokers use on the floor? Would that be something I could find on the internet. Does anyone know if the New York Stock exchange has a logo? Sorry I am really not up on this kind of thing.

Shola Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 4:48am
post #6 of 10

This one would be ambitious but it looks great!

Wall St Cake:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/shetakesthecake/516510044/

EmmyD Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 5:45am
post #7 of 10

i know you were looking for the thing that stock brokers use on the floor but, if he has a particular insterest besides working the stockmarket, you could do a google search for a picture of that company's stock certificate. That might be fun and bring in another interest, not just stocks. just thought i would throw it out there.

mommyle Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 2:18pm
post #8 of 10

you could find out what particular stocks he's into right now, print them off on edible image and make up a whole sheet of charts. the one week charts, or daily, or year...

Bohnlo Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 3:09pm
post #9 of 10

Thanks all of you for all of your help, I'll post a picture when I do the cake, still decideing with all the good ideas you gave me. Thanks again

dawncr Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 3:24pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug

what's his sense of humor?

It's a BEAR having a b-day" ref. to stock market in bear territory --- guy being chased by a bear.

or

"just like stocks -- the amount of lifetime left keeps going down, down, down!" --- graph of value of stock market w/ big red line going down, down, down, right off the graph.

I *love* these two ideas, Doug. Both would translate well, graphically, and make great cakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%