Help!!!! I Need Help With Frosting/cake Flavor Idea!!!!!!!!!

Baking By Baking_Booth Updated 3 Jul 2008 , 10:57pm by gottabakenow

Baking_Booth Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 10:43pm
post #1 of 4

I'm making a sheet cake for my boyfriend's cousin who's really into Civil War stuff. His birthday is Sunday. I was thinking about making it a rebel flag, that's not the problem though. I would like the inside to be red white and blue themed as well. I was think of a vanilla cake with a strawberry filling and buttercream icing but I'd like it to have more flavor. Has anyone ever heard of adding White Chocolate Jello Pudding mix to either the cake mix or the buttercream frosting? I like the way the buttercream frosts but I'd like to give it a better flavor and the White Chocolate sounds good with strawberries and summer time.
Let me know!

3 replies
gottabakenow Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 10:50pm
post #2 of 4

no ideas really but if you do end up doing a white cake, how about make the batter blue and ice it white? just an idea and would make the cake look more interesting, even if it doesn't taste different. icon_smile.gif

Baking_Booth Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 10:55pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks. I already had that in mind. I might pour half the batter in white then tint the rest blue and swirl it in. I think that would look pretty with the red filling.

gottabakenow Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 10:57pm
post #4 of 4

yeah that's a cute idea! make sure to post pics!

Quote by @%username% on %date%