Help Me Please!!! Cake Filling & Frosting Ideas!!! Thank

Decorating By Baking_Booth Updated 3 Jul 2008 , 11:00pm by bobbi96

Baking_Booth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baking_Booth Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 10:41pm
post #1 of 5

I'm making a sheet cake for my boyfriend's cousin who's really into Civil War stuff. His birthday is Sunday. I was thinking about making it a rebel flag, that's not the problem though. I would like the inside to be red white and blue themed as well. I was thinking of doing a vanilla cake with a strawberry filling and buttercream icing but I'd like it to have more flavor. Has anyone ever heard of adding White Chocolate Jello Pudding mix to either the cake mix or the buttercream frosting? I like the way the buttercream frosts but I'd like to give it a better flavor and the White Chocolate sounds good with strawberries and summer time.
Let me know!
Thanks!
Tanya

4 replies
Tweedie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tweedie Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 10:53pm
post #2 of 5

Hi,
I don't know about the frosting but people around here add all kinds of different pudding flavors to cake mixes ALL the time. It works out fine and tastes good!

toshaw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toshaw Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 10:56pm
post #3 of 5

I've added instant pudding to my cake mix quite often.. it makes a firmer cake, but adds a little more flavor. Try marbling your cake with strawberry jello.

Ex: Take out some of the batter - about 2 cups. Stir in part of a small package strawberry jello (powder) until desired color (not the whole package!). Drop dollops around your cake pan and then take a cake knife and swirl it in. You can use the berryblue jello too. Just make separate dollops and swirl. It's a really cool look and great flavor.

Any kind of jello will do. It's yummy. Bake as usual.

bakerchick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakerchick Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 10:56pm
post #4 of 5

howabout making the filling one flavour and just colouring the layers of the cake instead? you would have to bake 3 times but you can make the cake red white and blue? and leave the frosting white.

just a thought....

bobbi96 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobbi96 Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 11:00pm
post #5 of 5

White cake with raspberry or strawberry filling could be pretty served with fresh blueberries - to get the blue in.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%