Hello, I'm A Newbie Looking For Tips. ;)

Decorating By J-me Updated 3 Jul 2008 , 9:25pm by J-me

J-me Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 7:34pm
post #1 of 4

Hello Everyone,

I just found this site today and so far, I really like it. The pictures are absolutely amazing! I have to admit, I am a bit intimidated by the wonderful creativeness you all have. icon_redface.gif
I am trying my hand at decorating cakes. I have been decorating cakes for 7 years but only my children's birthday cakes. So, we are only talking two cakes per year. However, I just recently sold my first cake. icon_smile.gif
I guess what I would like to know from all you seasoned professionals...how did you start your business? How did you advertise? And do you work out of your homes??
I appreciate any help and advice ... Thanks!!

3 replies
awolf24 Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 7:40pm
post #2 of 4

Each state has their own licensing laws but there are many posts. Try going to the Forum area and search for your state in the search field to help you find some threads that are already around on this topic.

Just a hint - right click on the results and open in a new window. That way you can browse different threads w/out losing your search results.

Welcome to CC! Did you read the warning in the upper left hand of the site? You'd better....welcome to the addiction......... icon_smile.gif

J-me Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 9:25pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you both so much for the welcome and information. Wow, there's a lot to read!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%