Thought It Wouldn't Bug Me...

Decorating By JenWhitlock Updated 11 Jul 2008 , 12:45am by YouTakeTheCake

doitallmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doitallmom Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 9:01pm
post #31 of 89

Well, our fellow CCers have said plenty about the improper ettiquette of the said poster. Therefore, I won't repeat any of it, I'll just add that it's kind of a good thing that the comment was made- now i've gotten the chance to see all your wonderful, wonderful work and save 'em in my favs; you got to find out that you are a wonderful decorator and we all know to ignore any more of these rude comments that 'pop' up.

toodlesjupiter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toodlesjupiter Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 9:03pm
post #32 of 89

Jen- Thanks! I was being blind the first time around! icon_redface.gif Again, great work!

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 9:06pm
post #33 of 89

She apparently can't be nice to anyone. Check this out:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1238627

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 9:11pm
post #34 of 89

Anytime someone leaves an ugly comment it should be brought to the attention of a moderator, so you guys PM one of us. Someone who signs up specifically to leave mean or ugly comments will be dealt with.

onceuponacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onceuponacookie Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 9:11pm
post #35 of 89

Don't let that mean spirited person get to you! All of your cookies are amazing, and you should be very proud of your creativity!

fondantgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantgrl Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 9:12pm
post #36 of 89

looks like that's all she knows how to say "Copy ....." !! she must be a robot or a parrot. icon_cool.gif

Amia Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 9:14pm
post #37 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by fondantgrl

looks like that's all she knows how to say "Copy ....." !! she must be a robot or a parrot. icon_cool.gif

I know! What is she? The copyright infringement police? icon_mad.gif

Jen - Your cookies were great btw. I faved them the second they uploaded! thumbs_up.gif

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 9:20pm
post #38 of 89

possibly this is what needs to be said to her:

"Dear joniscakeandcandy,

Unless you have a law degree in copyright law and are fully accredited and a member of the bar in your home state and every other state....

and unless you know the specific circumstances behind the creation of any cookie or cake...

and unless you have witnessed or have irrefutable evidence admissible in a court of law of copyrighted works being sold at a profit without due compensation to the copyright holder....

that you keep quiet about copyright infringement and stop your postings about it to people's pictures.

We are all well aware of what TRUE copyright infringement is having discussed it ad nauseum (tho' ad barfium sounds better!).

We hope that this misstep in terms of joining the CC community will soon be a thing of the past and that you can join us in productive commentary, sharing of wit and wisdom and general good cakin' times.

Thank you."

<signed> the big mean teacher/old brother/old fart who's fed up with impertinent trolls

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 9:22pm
post #39 of 89

BIG PS to fiddlesticks --

wow -- clicked on the link in your siggy.

wow oh wow -- what a collection of recipes!

THANK YOU!

annacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annacakes Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 9:44pm
post #40 of 89

Lovely, lovely, lovely work. Jealous, jealous, jealous girl.

Homemade-Goodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Homemade-Goodies Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 9:52pm
post #41 of 89

Jen....even if you made the dorkiest cookie ever (and you DIDN'T!) a genuinely earnest person would move to encourage you in moving forward in your craft, leaving only a generous comment. Our CC community is here to encourage & help us in our trade/hobby. And luckily this is what happens 99.9% of the time.

I'm sorry that this gal has a mission to rudely comment on projects, and especially sorry that you were one of her targets. But, you shouldn't take it too personally, since she doesn't know you, and was only looking for charactered projects to make her snide remark on.

Please continue to do what you do...you really do nice work! ...and be sure to make another thread next project, so you can round us all up to see that too!!! icon_wink.gif LOL j/k icon_lol.gif

DoniB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DoniB Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 9:53pm
post #42 of 89

haven't read through the entire post, but I saw the cookies in question, and WOW. I LOVE THEM!!!! The snarky one obviously has so little experience with cookie making that he/she doesn't have the first clue how hard those cookies were, or what kind of talent it took to take a picture and turn it into edible art.

You did a great job. I'm soooo stealing that idea when my niece turns 12! icon_smile.gif She loves Ariel!

cvigil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cvigil Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 10:02pm
post #43 of 89

Doug said it all beautifully! You crack me up.
BTW, I love all of your work. I just pray that I will get to be as good as all of the amazing decorators here.

mona1949 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mona1949 Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 10:03pm
post #44 of 89

I think your work is great. I have saved your pictures and just hope someday that I can do such great work. I wouldn't worry about the rude comments. Usually when people are rude it's because they are insecure in their own work.

kimsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimsmom Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 10:03pm
post #45 of 89

Big hugs to you, and again I loved everything about your cookie bouquet. All the features are so accurate in detail.
Just remember rude and hurtful comments come from rude insignificant people.

fondantfrenzy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantfrenzy Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 10:13pm
post #46 of 89

Before I even saw the comment, I almost fell off my chair when I saw your cookies...NICE JOB!!!!!!

As for the rude one...if someone already brought this up....first of all, she/he/it is a newbie (probably created a new screen name becuase she po'ed a bunch of ccers). And second of all, no pictures on her profile...sooooooooooo....i love your stuff....and you know....it's not like she has any pictures on her profile...i think if it was me and i saw that she had really nice work it would annoy me and make me second guess myself..but look she probably doesnt even know how to make a cake out of the box.... icon_evil.gif

We all got your back..your cookies are amazing! thumbs_up.gif

fondantfrenzy Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 10:15pm
post #47 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathysCC

Anytime someone leaves an ugly comment it should be brought to the attention of a moderator, so you guys PM one of us. Someone who signs up specifically to leave mean or ugly comments will be dealt with.

WE LOVE CAKE CENTRAL !!!!!!!!!!!!

Kathy and Heath are the best!

fondantfrenzy Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 10:15pm
post #48 of 89
Quote:

fondantfrenzy Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 10:16pm
post #49 of 89
Quote:

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 10:20pm
post #50 of 89

I love the cookies! To look at a coloring book and create a cookie bouquet from it is creative!!!

Ol' Joni probably wouldn't want someone to tell her that a cake that looks like a football with a Pittsburgh Steelers logo on it is copyright infringement and not so creative. So, I'll refrain from saying it.

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 10:32pm
post #51 of 89

Feel sorry for her. She obviously must have a miserable life to be such a miserable and mean person.

Those bubbles are adorable!

poshcakedesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poshcakedesigns Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 10:37pm
post #52 of 89

I wouldn't give it a second thought. Let it go - Lord knows we all copy designs from time to time.

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 11:00pm
post #53 of 89

Doug.. Your Welcome ! Enjoy !

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 11:28pm
post #54 of 89

ah, man! That was supposed to be...

I'll refrain from saying it because I know I can't do that and other things as well as others...Like cookies...I am envious of those who do them

ShortcakesSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShortcakesSweets Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 11:46pm
post #55 of 89

Jen,
I'm not glad about the negative comment, but I am glad I found your pictures. All of them are great. I'm not trying to patronize you either, you are definitely talented and creative. I have been wanting to try a cookie bouquet for several months and just haven't worked up the courage. After looking at your photos I have been inspired and am excited to try one. All of your work is so neat and clean looking ~ very professional, indeed. I am just baffled that someone would say otherwise. Don't let this get you down and keep up the beautiful work.

By the way, joniscakesand whatever your name is, can you say jealous and immature??!!

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 3:16am
post #56 of 89

Jen you know how I feel about your work icon_biggrin.gif

I just found this thread... and I am VERY glad that the mean comment was taken off of your pic. AND off the other one!!!

I agree what others have said.. it's another one of those jerk heads that loves to stir trouble. Don't worry about it icon_smile.gif

Chin up my friend you do awesome work icon_smile.gif

4Gifts4Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4Gifts4Lisa Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 3:48am
post #57 of 89

(((Hugs)))

It's funny...I JUST saved your website to my favorites last week...I love your work! Thanks for the inspiration!

zenu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zenu Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 4:51am
post #58 of 89

Wow! I just found this thread now! I'm the other one that got the rude comment.

It also bothered me a lot because I'm just a hobby baker and I made these for my niece's birthday. I haven't even filled up a complete page of pics yet. So I was surprised to be targeted!

I noticed my pic jumped in views...by more than a hundred. I was wondering why that was icon_confused.gif until I found this thread- now it makes sense.

Jen: I am in awe of your cookie and can't fathom how to do such detailed work. You are very talented and like everyone has mentioned- don't let her get to you for one minute. I'm just letting it go- that kind of attitude comes from a very angry and insecure person.

Thanks everyone! icon_smile.gif

Amia Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 5:05am
post #59 of 89

Zenu, I hope you don't mind my posting that link! I just wanted to make sure the mods saw yours too, so they could remove the comment. icon_smile.gif Your Hello Kitty cookies were very good btw! I guess that's why you were targeted...you were better than Ms. Copyright Infringement.

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 5:14am
post #60 of 89

Your work is amazing...How on earth did u get the shapes??

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%