Im New To This

Decorating By caramelchef Updated 4 Jul 2008 , 1:36am by sugarshack

caramelchef Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 4:31pm
post #1 of 8

Can someone help me? Im new to this, what do i use when i want to stick fondant accents on the fondant covered cake?
I hear people talk of glue in their videos but they dont say what they use. Is it water, glucose what is it i need help please!

7 replies
Texas_Rose Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 4:46pm
post #2 of 8

You can use a little bit of water or you can use a bit of meringue powder mixed with water. Either one will work.

cupcakemkr Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 5:05pm
post #3 of 8

Hi caramelchef! First, welcome to cake central icon_biggrin.gif

Second - here is a link for you that will help you understand some of the abbreviations that people use:

Finally - the answer you've been waiting for.... you can use a small bit of water or alcohol based liquid (vodka or extract) to adhere small fondant decorations onto fondant surface. The glue's mentioned *I think* are used for modelling gumpaste figures and it is a thinned out (with water) gumpaste or gumtex mixed thin with water. HTH

SweetPea0613 Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 5:11pm
post #4 of 8

I work with MMF and water works great for me!!!

Welcome!!! icon_biggrin.gif

caramelchef Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 7:33pm
post #5 of 8

Thank u cupcakemkr for the full list and thanks everybody i really needed to kno

awolf24 Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 7:36pm
post #6 of 8

Depending on what you have on hand, you can also use a little bit of piping gel. Works great.

tracey1970 Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 12:17am
post #7 of 8

The glue we were taught to make in the Fondant and Gumpaste class was made of some gumpaste dissolved into water. It does depend, though, what you are sticking the fondant accents onto. When I stick then onto buttercream, I find a light brush of water on the back of the accent piece is enoug. When sticking fondant to fondant or gumpaste to fondant, etc., I've had more success with the glue.

sugarshack Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 1:36am
post #8 of 8

water is all you need!

Quote by @%username% on %date%