Help With Seamless Look On Bottom Of Each Tier

Decorating By woodthi32 Updated 4 Jul 2008 , 3:14pm by dawncr

woodthi32 Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 2:03pm
post #1 of 4

I have seen so many cakes with minimal or no "trim" around the bottom of each tier, you know, where the cakes are stacked. They just seem to meet seamlessly. so clean and flat. Any tips on this for fondant and/or buttercream would be VERY helpful! THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME

3 replies
sugarshack Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 3:57am
post #2 of 4

I cut my cvake boards just a tad larger than the cake and ice past that; so when you stack the cakes, you do not see any board. it is just icing touching icing. you can do a tiny border or no border with a little touch up work!

indydebi Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 1:48pm
post #3 of 4

Once I piped a small string of icing (tip #5 or #7) around the base, then took my finger and went around the base to blend it in. worked great.

dawncr Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 3:14pm
post #4 of 4

Wow. I'd have paid $20 just for these two tips right here. Of course, they came from two of our very top tier experts on CC.

I feel so lucky that cake professionals and artists like Sharon and IndyDebi frequent this board. It would be easy for them to defect and create their own forum that's by invitation only, so they wouldn't have to deal with all our newbie questions. (This wasn't a newbie question, BTW icon_smile.gif )

Happy 4th, and thanks again. usaribbon.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%