Advice Needed

Decorating By jessnsam Updated 3 Jul 2008 , 5:52pm by Bijoudelanuit

jessnsam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessnsam Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 1:25pm
post #1 of 4

I am wanting to buy some new cake tins, i don't no whether to buy them from shops or to use ebay. Has anyone bought from ebay, were they any good?

3 replies
maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 1:39pm
post #2 of 4

I have bought a lot of mine at stores that offer 40-50% off coupons in their newspaper ads.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 1:47pm
post #3 of 4

about 60% eBay and 40% store w/ %-off coupons.

so far, only problem w/ eBay...

ME getting carried away with bidding and not using common sense to stop bidding it up.

Biggest thing to consider w/ eBay....

the bid for the pan is only PART of the cost.

There's the SHIPPING too.

watch that shipping -- it can be very high. There have been pans I really wanted and could have gotten at a very low bid BUT when the shipping was added in they were too expensive.

Have yet to have a bad experience on eBay w/ pans and have gotten some wonderful deals.

Have only had 1 questionable experience w/ eBay for a thing for my classroom. Have even bought digital camera, digital camcorder and a DLP video project with success from eBay.

just remember -- bid sensibly and watch the shipping.

Bijoudelanuit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bijoudelanuit Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 5:52pm
post #4 of 4

I'm an ebay addict. Just check the seller's feedback rating before you bid. The only time I had problems with purchasing it was from a seller who already had a few negative comments... but I'm still an avid ebayer! (although it doesn't quite measure up to my cc addiction!)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%