Simple Syrup On Wasc

Decorating By MayWest Updated 3 Jul 2008 , 11:18pm by Franluvsfrosting

MayWest Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 12:33pm
post #1 of 4

Do any of you use simple syrup on your white almond sour cream cake? If so, how much and would you mind sharing the simple syrup recipe.

3 replies
snowshoe1 Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 12:51pm
post #2 of 4

The WASC is always so nice and moist I never used a simple syrup on it until I got some great info from another CCer regarding using syrups. She gave me her recipe and instructions on how to make it on this post:

I haven't tried it with the vanilla beans yet - only used the vanilla paste.

maryjsgirl Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 1:36pm
post #3 of 4

I use it on my coconut cake just to infuse more flavor.

I also use it on my cupcakes as a sealant to keep them from getting dry.

Franluvsfrosting Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 11:18pm
post #4 of 4

I use it on the WASC all the time as a flavor booster. Usually I just use DaVinci's coffee syrups in whatever flavor complements the cake flavors.

Ex: white cake with raspberry filling I use raspberry syrup. Choc. cake I use cream de cocoa flavored syrup. Rum is also fantastic with chocolate. So is Kahlua. The DaVinci's give me a variety of flavors with minimal work. I also know a bunch of people who don't want the alcohol but like the flavors so they work good in that respect too.

I have a cash and carry nearby so I can get the syrups cheap, they keep a long time, I use them in smoothies when I don't use them in cakes and they have a gazillion flavors.

Quote by @%username% on %date%