Cheesecake Delima Need Help Asap!!!!

Business By chef_ang Updated 3 Jul 2008 , 1:39pm by rmelendrez

chef_ang Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 5:03am
post #1 of 9

Ok I am baking 3 cheese cakes right now and they still seem loose like the center is not down but the top is just now turning golden brown and then have been in there for like 4 hours. Whats the deal? Am I going to have to rebake???

8 replies
littlecake Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 5:52am
post #2 of 9

i'm not a cheesecake expert....but i was gonna add them to the shop a while back....i remember reading about them, that they would be kinda loose in the middle when they were done.

sorry i couldn't be more help.

-K8memphis Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 11:58am
post #3 of 9

I know I'm way late here but if you have an instant thermometer the internal temp is supposed to be 169 degrees. My local grocery store sells the therms for like $7. Just a thought for next time maybe.

Mike1394 Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 12:04pm
post #4 of 9

Your going to have to post your recipe, and baking temp. Baking for 4 hrs something went awry. CCs shouldn't be golden brown

moxey2000 Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 12:06pm
post #5 of 9

What temperature were you baking at? Were the cheesecakes in a water bath? Since I'm late with this, how did they turn out?

I made cheesecake yesterday. My recipe is for a 9" in a springform pan with 1.5 lbs of cream cheese. I baked for 1 hour at 350F.

Hope yours came out OK icon_biggrin.gif !

mgdqueen Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 12:09pm
post #6 of 9

If you have baked for 4 hours, that's WAY too long...unless they are 16" diameter and 8" thick! Cheesecake should have a "wet spot" in the center even when it's done. It firms completely upon cooling. And yeah, a thermometer would be a good thing for future reference.

-K8memphis Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 1:21pm
post #7 of 9

Well the oven was crowded too. I don't know.

mcelromi1 Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 1:37pm
post #8 of 9

Wondering how everything turned out.

4hrs is a REALLY long time for Cheesecake. icon_eek.gif I agree with the othe comments that it sounds like a temperature or overcrowding issue.
If you cook them until their completly firm they will be overcooked, because they continue to cook and firm up when you take them out of the oven.

Hope they turned out well.

rmelendrez Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 1:39pm
post #9 of 9

Too many in the oven...bake them one at a time for a least 1 hour at 350.

Quote by @%username% on %date%