Cake Decorating In The Bay Area?

Decorating By Skirt Updated 3 Jul 2008 , 3:33am by BCJean

Skirt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Skirt Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 3:20am
post #1 of 3

Now that I've done my sister in law's wedding cake, I thought I would take a cake decorating course! Does anyone here know of a place that offers classes in the SF Bay area? By that I mean San Jose, Campbell, Santa Clara, etc. I've seen a few advertised online but if I could hear from someone from CC, perhaps who has actually gone, I would feel better about going there. Am I rambling? Enough!
Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

2 replies
decoratingfool Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
decoratingfool Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 3:30am
post #2 of 3

Hi I live in sacramento area, and i took classes at michaels craft store, they have wilton classes there. Im not sure where there is one near you but i would definetly look in the phone book or google michaels in sf area. Good luck, i hope that helps...

BCJean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCJean Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 3:33am
post #3 of 3

I used to work in the SanFran bay area but I never did take classes there. It is a great place!

ShirleyW who used to be on here all the time and left, a few months back, lives in I think Concord and knows the SanFrancisco area really well. She has been decorating since the 60's and knows lots of people and she is an awesome decorator and knows lots of different techniques. Actually I think she gives lessons. I would try to contact her. She is still a member here, even though she doesn't post.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%