Flag Stencil How And Help!!!

Decorating By Charmed Updated 3 Jul 2008 , 2:31pm by sweetlady29

Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 2:22am
post #1 of 4

I want to the stripes for the flag (on fondant) but don't know how ....do you make your own stencil? or is there another way to do this icon_cry.gif

3 replies
bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 2:26am
post #2 of 4

Are you doing buttercream? Could you do the red stripes in fondant? That might give you the cleanest sharpest contrast for the stripes. http://www.usflag.org/flagspecs.html will show you how to do the measurements if you really want to be accurate. Not too accurate though, I'm told you can't copy a flag exactly for any purpose other than a flag. Probably more info than you needed or wanted...

ladyonzlake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyonzlake Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 2:28am
post #3 of 4

Maybe I'm not understanding but you could just use a ruler and pizza cutter and cut your stripes and lay them on the cake.

sweetlady29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlady29 Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 2:31pm
post #4 of 4

Hi Charmed, I just made a flag cake last night. This is an Idea if you are using fondant to cover your cake. I used a Fondant Ribbon Cutter. It makes perfect stripes. First I covered my cake in white fondant, then added red stripes going across and down the sides. I also used to Gum Arabic (Edible Glue) to adhere the stripes. then I pushed down the stripes a little to mold them to the white fondant.
Hope that helps. icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%