Cakes Keep Sticking

Decorating By Cakeonista Updated 3 Jul 2008 , 11:08pm by cvigil

Cakeonista Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 1:41am
post #1 of 5

icon_cry.gif i baked a 10, 8, 6 cake my 10 inche tuck to the pan. sprayed pans with PAM. baked a second 10 in. used crisco, stuck again. baked my third using crisco and flour in the pan, icon_cry.gif stucke yet again around the edges. can i cut and fix this bottom tier or should i start all over again? help! never had this problem before

4 replies
KoryAK Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 2:05am
post #2 of 5

Don't know how bad it is or of you can fix it.... but with THREE cakes to cut from, I would think you could get enough (will look torted *bonus*) to make your tier work. Next time use parchment in the bottom along with the pam. Will work wonders.

TSmith Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 5:07pm
post #3 of 5

i always use the pam spray with flour and sometimes use parchment paper too. try that next time. but i love the spray oil with flour. i buy whatever is cheaper it doesnt make a difference.

HerBoudoir Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 9:54pm
post #4 of 5

I prefer the Pam with flour as well. Depending on the pan I'm using as well as the recipe, I may or may not line the bottom with parchment.

Your problem sounds more like your pan - is it a good heavy gauge pan or a thin cheap one?

I know with my Magic Line pans, I only have to spray them and everything pops out just fine. I've chucked all my Wilton pans except for a couple non-stick.

cvigil Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 11:08pm
post #5 of 5

I have a sure-fire way to keep cakes from sticking in the pan. Of course use your Pam for baking or the shortening with flour. Then after they are done baking only cool them for 10 minutes Literally, 10 minutes set a timer. Use potholders (your pan will still be hot) run a knife around the edge and dump it onto a cooling rack and let it finish cooling.
The reason is that 10 minutes allows the steam to escape. Any more than that gluton starts to form and will hold your cake in the pan.
Try it, it really does work thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%