Simple Syrup ?

Decorating By dandelion56602 Updated 6 Jul 2008 , 7:05pm by dandelion56602

dandelion56602 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 10:42pm
post #1 of 4

I'm trying new recipes. Why? Aparently I'm nuts. So, I've made some brownies & they are on the dry side. I had planned on giving them to some kids (whom I'm sure won't mind), but I'm wondering if I brush a simple syrup on the bottom side if it will return any moisture to them. If so, how long after brushing it on should I wait before wrapping them to give them out?

3 replies
norma20 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 10:58pm
post #2 of 4

I am sure that the kids will love your brownies the way they are. You'll have less work and the kids will have less calories. icon_smile.gif

milissasmom Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 11:14pm
post #3 of 4

I have never used simple syrup on a brownie! Interesting...I guess you could just brush it on top and let it set as long as you can (this way the syrup goes all the way through the cake). I usually let mine sit at least over night before doing anything with it so the liquid can distribute it's self evenly throughout the cake! I don't know how thick/dense your brownies are though so you may just have to sorta try it and see what works!

dandelion56602 Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 7:05pm
post #4 of 4

I didn't know I had responses. I had to flip them & put it on the bottom b/c the top had a crust. They weren't the best, but they were better than they started out. And yes the kids loved them---free, chocolate, sugar, etc---what's not to love. Sure their parents loved me too! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%