Color Combination - Opinions?

Decorating By jlh Updated 13 Sep 2008 , 11:04pm by jab

jlh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlh Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 9:04pm
post #1 of 6

I waffled on going "light" pink for the #1. I went with bright pink because I was worried about it getting lost. Hindsight, I'm thinking, I should have stuck with light pink to match the icing. I was aiming at a fun look, but not totally juevenille. This was for my neice. My sister is not yet ready to jump into the Elmo/Dora themed bday parties just yet. Wait till next year. icon_wink.gif In your opinion, what color do you think I should do the #1 next time? I had another request for this cake. (in case the link doesn't work, it's the ice cream cone cake in my photos.) Thanks.
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1237766

5 replies
LeanneW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeanneW Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 9:15pm
post #2 of 6

I like the vibrant pink. It would have been to "matchy, matchy" if it was the same color as the frosting. I like the way it stands out. Nice cake.

EnjoyTheCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EnjoyTheCake Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 6:52am
post #3 of 6

I like the contrast also, but I think the pale pink almost vanishes into the background. In my opinion it could have been a little more vibrant but not the same color as the number.

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 7:10am
post #4 of 6

I really like the color but if you want to do something more fun you could do some dots of different colors on it or little ones confetti like, or lines, or stars, well, you get the idea, but you did a great job on this "one", get it? hahaha icon_lol.gif

jab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jab Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 10:56pm
post #5 of 6

I like the dark pink. Really cute cake.

jab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jab Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 11:04pm
post #6 of 6

I like the dark pink. Really cute cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%