Please Help With Princess Cupcakes

Decorating By NikkiDoc Updated 3 Jul 2008 , 9:35pm by NikkiDoc

NikkiDoc Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 9:02pm
post #1 of 7

I wanted to make a small castle cake for my dd's 3rd birthday party next week, but with everything else that is going on and our budget...I may have to stick with cupcakes but I really want to make them special.

I am thinking light pink and sparkly but what can I put on top? Does anyone have any ideas for some fondant or royal decorations that would be small enough for cupcakes? Something very girly. Maybe something I could make in advance.

TIA

6 replies
NikkiDoc Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 9:15pm
post #2 of 7

Bump

NikkiDoc Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 9:15pm
post #3 of 7

Bump

chutzpah Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 9:44pm
post #4 of 7

These were time-consuming, but not hard.

edited to say: POOP. I can't seem to get the image to post!

GolfAddict Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 9:56pm
post #5 of 7

I did a cupcake tower for a queen themed birthday party. I used the chocolate transfer method from the WBH book and made crowns.

You can use Wilton's yellow candy melts to make the crowns. After they dry, flip them over and use various colored candy melts to make dots and diamonds for the "jewels".

Then you can either lay them flat on the cupcake or stick them in the icing to make them stand up.

WARNING - The candy melts do melt easily. I transported mine in a 9x11 baking pan on layers of parchment to the party, but they were a little melted due to the fact that I have a Jeep Wrangler and the top was down. So I stuck them in the freezer for about 30 minutes or so and they hardened up. It probably wouldn't have taken that long, but I forgot about them.

myslady Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 2:03pm
post #6 of 7

I couple of ideas I had were magic wands, edible jewels, or use the melts to write out princess and your DD's name to place on the cupcakes.

NikkiDoc Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 9:35pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks for the input everyone! I like the wand idea. I went shopping today and decided to do the small castle after all. Not a traditional castle, but one that contains different elements that I like and that my dd will enjoy.

I may need advice next week when I get started. This will be my first stacked cake. icon_eek.gif I'm a little nervous but very eager to get started.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%