Fondarific Fondants

Decorating By Elserj Updated 3 Aug 2008 , 5:13pm by CakesbyMonica

Elserj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elserj Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 6:54pm
post #1 of 19

If anybody has ordered these, would you tell us how they actually taste?

http://www.fondantsource.com/fofo.html

Thanks.

18 replies
PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 7:52pm
post #2 of 19

I just received my sample pack and haven't had a chance to taste yet. They smell fantastic... I'll post later. Although I will say for the price I doubt I would use them as my sole fondant provider (maybe as a premium add-on if a customer wanted to pay). Rather I'd probably use it for decorative accents, only.

pamconn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pamconn Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 9:04pm
post #3 of 19

It tastes great-the buttercream tastes like buttercream and the fruit ones taste like either starbursts or skittles. Great mouth feel too-not chewy.

TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 10:13pm
post #4 of 19

The buttercream flavor was really good, the lemon was good too, the chocolate was comparable in taste to Satin Ice, and the fruit ones were a lot like Starburst. I think unless I were 6 years old, the fruit ones would be too much on a whole cake, LOL. My husband wouldn't eat the berry one when I tried to give it to him on a cookie as a sample. For him, they're way too sweet, and I have to agree in regards to the fruit ones. IMO, they'd be better as accents and not on the whole cake.

The lemon one on a plain cookie was really good, I thought. Pretty refreshing on a hot day.

Deanna

JEM530 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JEM530 Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 2:39am
post #5 of 19

I was able to sample these at my ICES DOS this past Sunday. I really liked the Vanilla and Buttercream. The lemon was pretty good as well. I was not really a fan of the other fruit flavors, I found them VERY intense! The colors of the fruit flavors were really great though. HTH icon_smile.gif

Tashablueyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tashablueyes Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 11:22pm
post #6 of 19

I just got my sample of Fondarific. It's my daughter's birthday, and since her party is next week we went out to eat but I didn't bake her a cake today. When the sample came I decided it was destined for her to have a tiny cake. I rolled out the tiny ball of melon and made her an adorable little mini cake from cake scraps. I will post pics when I can, but I think the stuff is great. Obviously, it's not the same as covering a 16" square or anything, but the texture rocked and I was able to eat it! I don't even eat MMF, but this has a much silkier texture.

sportsmom005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sportsmom005 Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 11:47pm
post #7 of 19

Where can I get these? The link is blocked.

Thanks!

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 11:58pm
post #8 of 19

just add . c o m after the name of the product.

chasebrad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chasebrad Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 12:09am
post #9 of 19

Fondarific had a vendor booth at the ICES convention in Orlando. They are based in Savannah GA. I agree with the other reviews....the fruit flavors are very sweet and would be too much to cover a whole cake. The buttercream flavor was very nice and the chocolate tastes a lot like a tootsie roll.
Also, the ladies running the booth were very nice, would be happy to do business with them. They don't have a storefront where they sell from, but she said she would meet me anywhere for a delivery since she is local to me!

Would be a fun and delicious way to sculpt figures with kids!

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 12:11am
post #10 of 19

fondant source.com
i just got my sample pack and they are all delicious! I will be switching as soon as my Fondx runs out...

mandi1613 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandi1613 Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 12:15am
post #11 of 19

Is there somewhere i can order a sample pack?

foxymomma521 Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 12:42am
post #12 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandi1613

Is there somewhere i can order a sample pack?

http://fondarific.com/shoppingcart.php
It's the last item...

klhayes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klhayes Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 12:42am
post #13 of 19

I love the buttercream and the chocolate was quite tasty as well. I agree with the other posts that the lemon flavor taste good but a bit too intense for me. I'm definitely going to order the buttercream and vanilla.

mandi1613 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandi1613 Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 12:45pm
post #14 of 19

Thanks Foxymomma! i'm ordering mines today! icon_biggrin.gif

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 1:19pm
post #15 of 19

Just ordered mine too. now I can't wait to get it. sounds yummmmmmmmmmm! icon_lol.gif

Tashablueyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tashablueyes Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 4:26pm
post #16 of 19

Yup, now if only I could afford shipping on a decent amount of fondant! LOL!

foxymomma521 Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 4:43pm
post #17 of 19

if you get it from fondantsource. c o m you can use coupon "cakecentral" to take off an extra 10%. It won't cover shipping, but it will help icon_smile.gif

CherryLane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CherryLane Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 4:58pm
post #18 of 19

How soft it is? Let's say compared to Fondx.

Does anyone know?

Thanks

CakesbyMonica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyMonica Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 5:13pm
post #19 of 19

I love FondX. I wish it wasn't so soft, but it tastes fantastic.
Can you work in more PS to stiffen it?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%