Sex And The City Theme

Decorating By BMAC01 Updated 3 Jul 2008 , 6:53pm by cajundecoration

BMAC01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BMAC01 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 6:46pm
post #1 of 20

icon_confused.gif Suprise party cake order. Requesting sex and the city cake theme for 27 yr old woman, parents will be at the party so i need to keep it classy. Please point me in a direction.Totally confused.

19 replies
VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 8:58pm
post #2 of 20

the girls love shoes, handbags, and carrie supposed to get married in the movie, so maybe diamonds? they seem like thed like to have a classy drink here and there so martini/cosmo glasses, im thinking something like that. ive never watched the show or seen the movie but ive think ive got the jest of it, i love the music for their theme song, i have it as a ring tone. Maybe someone whos more familiar witht the show can help, good luck

deetmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deetmar Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 11:47pm
post #3 of 20

Gotta have shoes, Carrie is a writer, so maybe a laptop, a martini glass or Cosmo is a great idea. Carrie did get married in the movie. Charlotte use to run an art gallery, but is married with one adopted baby and just had a baby with her husband. Miranda is a lawyer, married with a son Brady, Samantha is a publicist. I don't know how you are going to keep her clean. They all wore expensive clothes, shoes etc.

I hope this helps.

ShopGrl1128 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShopGrl1128 Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 1:43am
post #4 of 20

Ohh I soooo love SATC!!! icon_lol.gif

Shoes, shoes, and shoes! a cosmopolitan and more shoes.
Main color: Hot pink... also you should try to incorporate some NYC skyscrappers.
icon_rolleyes.gif maybe I should do this cake for myself! icon_wink.gif

YAYI95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YAYI95 Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 2:01am
post #5 of 20

Saw the movie, however not the show and they were all about fashion...I say shoes, cosmos, or martini's oh yeah and purses....the typical girlie girl stuff....LOL

bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 2:05am
post #6 of 20

There's always these Carrie-isms. When she's narrating stuff for her column. It would be neat to have a little newspaper among the shoes with a little Carrie-ism to represent her column. IMDB has a ton of quotes. This one seemed nice, both for the cake itself and as a representation of the show "The most important thing in life is your family. There are days you love them, and others you don't. But, in the end, they're the people you always come home to. Sometimes it's the family you're born into and sometimes it's the one you make for yourself. " Kind of long though!

bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 2:10am
post #7 of 20

Much better quotes from the movie. "And we were dressed from head to toe in love... the only label that never goes out of style" , "Some labels are best left in the closet" (Carrie) "It's a rental. Like Netflix for purses" (Louise?)

deetmar Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 2:12am
post #8 of 20

Okay, now you guys have me all excited. I want to do a Sex and the City cake. icon_cry.gif

deetmar Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 2:20am
post #9 of 20

I just remembered one of my favorite carrie-ism. It was when Burger broke up with her on the post it note. "You do not, I repeat, do not break up on a post-it note."

You could put some of them around the cake. That was a great idea! We should try to remember more for her.

I went with my daughter-in-law to see the movie, maybe we will have to go again.

ShopGrl1128 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShopGrl1128 Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 2:21am
post #10 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizatchgirl

There's always these Carrie-isms. When she's narrating stuff for her column. It would be neat to have a little newspaper among the shoes with a little Carrie-ism to represent her column. IMDB has a ton of quotes. This one seemed nice, both for the cake itself and as a representation of the show "The most important thing in life is your family. There are days you love them, and others you don't. But, in the end, they're the people you always come home to. Sometimes it's the family you're born into and sometimes it's the one you make for yourself. " Kind of long though!

Awwww I love that quote...It almost made me cry... I cried through out the ENTIRE movie!!! It's the end of an era!!! icon_cry.gif

YAYI95 Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 3:26am
post #11 of 20

make sure to post of picture of the cake so we can see...i think the newpaper among the shoe is a cute idea...or you could make a book also she published a couple in the movie...and place them on the cake..It makes me want to do a Sex in the City cake for my girlfriends...

cakesbyallison Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyallison Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 4:42am
post #12 of 20
miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 5:05am
post #13 of 20

I love your Jimmy Choos but remember Carrie is more into Mary Janes and Manolos thumbs_up.gif

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 6:41am
post #14 of 20

I would do the NYC skyline, a Cosmo, Manolo Blahnik spike heels and a purse. I really like the SATC cake and the purse is insane!! great job icon_smile.gif

YAYI95 Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 4:33pm
post #15 of 20

cakesbyallison..i love your shoe, what did you use to make it? I know they have a template here did you use it?? I want to make a cake for a friend who loves shoes...i would love any help you could give

deetmar Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 5:58pm
post #16 of 20

Love that cake! She does love Manolas. In fact, that was the first thing she put in her new closet, I think!?!

FeGe_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toodlesjupiter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toodlesjupiter Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 6:15pm
post #18 of 20

Here's one I had saved to my favs. I love this one.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1173959

FeGe_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FeGe_Cakes Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 6:24pm
post #19 of 20

You could use this if you wanted to do tiny shoes

http://globalsugarart.com/product.php?id=18881&aff=9X6GECBOFPB9

cajundecoration Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cajundecoration Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 6:53pm
post #20 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeDiva73

I would do the NYC skyline, a Cosmo, Manolo Blahnik spike heels and a purse. I really like the SATC cake and the purse is insane!! great job icon_smile.gif

Definitely add pearls. The girls weren't the diamond type. One of the season box sets has a picture of Carrie on the front with a long string of pearls around her neck. Definitely something with hot pink and black. Also, the movie started off with Carrie on her cell phone, which by the way was duck taped together. You may want to include a phone. I think the laptop is good, and maybe even a taxi. That's how she met Big.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%