Please Pray For This Amazing Little Girl!!

Lounge By kelleym Updated 22 Dec 2008 , 6:33pm by Sunflower08

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 6:23pm
post #1 of 19

If you are the praying type, please add this amazing little girl, Kayleigh Anne Freeman, to your prayer list. During her pregnancy, her mother was told she had only a 1% chance of carrying Kayleigh to viability due to many problems detected on ultrasound. Little Kayleigh was born last week at 28 weeks, weighing 1 lb, 1 oz, and BREATHING ON HER OWN!! She will be in the NICU for many months, and she and her parents need all the love and prayers in the world!! Follow her story (with pictures) here:

http://www.kayleighannefreeman.blogspot.com/

18 replies
Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 10:48pm
post #2 of 19

A prayer from Texas will be said (((HUGS))) to her and her family

Molly2 icon_smile.gif

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 11:45am
post #3 of 19

Nothing but good thoughts and prayers for this little girl and her family.

HaileysMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HaileysMom Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 7:51pm
post #4 of 19

Kelley: Do you know this family? My daughter was born at 31 weeks so I know a little of what they're going through and gonna go through. I'll pray for them...I love their website!
Stephanie

awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 8:12pm
post #5 of 19

I've been glued to the website....I'll definitely be praying for little Kayleigh!

kelleym Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 10:58pm
post #6 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaileysMom

Kelley: Do you know this family? My daughter was born at 31 weeks so I know a little of what they're going through and gonna go through. I'll pray for them...I love their website!
Stephanie

No, I don't know them personally. Kayleigh's mother has been posting on the same birth board I do (because I am pregnant) and I have been following her story since the day she received the news that the doctors didn't expect her baby to ever make it to viability. I've rejoiced and cried with every miracle and setback, so since she was born - against all odds - I wanted to share her story with you guys and get a whole new community of people rooting for her. icon_smile.gif

fmcmulle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fmcmulle Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 2:32am
post #7 of 19

Kelley, I will keep her and her family in my prayers. Its amazing what the doctors can do for these small tiny miracles. I work with a guy whose wife had a very tiny baby like kayleigh and she is doing very well today. She is like four years old now. Prayer is very strong and I know once we get all of our cake central family together Kayleigh will be out of the hospital before you know it.. Kepp us updated on her condition.
Thanks
Faye

Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 8:02pm
post #8 of 19

There will be a prayer from Georgia for this beautiful baby girl. I hope her and her family get the prayers they need. God Bless them. icon_biggrin.gif

Suzycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzycakes Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 5:54am
post #9 of 19

Prayers for little Kayleigh are coming through from Missouri too.

I will keep her, the family and the physicians in my prayers.

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 5:00pm
post #10 of 19

I'll definitely be praying! My son was a preemie too, and in the NICU for 20 days (though it felt like 20 years!).

awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 8:38pm
post #11 of 19

I keep thinking about Kayleigh and reading the updates daily on the Freeman's blog. She is such a little fighter. Still praying for her. icon_smile.gif

kelleym Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 10:02pm
post #12 of 19

Thank you to everyone who has been praying for Kayleigh. The newest update is that she has a hole in her heart which requires surgery, but she must gain 1 lb (nearly double her current size) before she can undergo the surgery. Please continue to keep this sweet little girl, her family and her doctors in your prayers.

kelleym Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 5:06am
post #13 of 19

If you haven't checked lately, be sure to visit Kayleigh's blog to see her looking so stinkin' cute in her preemie clothes. icon_smile.gif She now weighs 2 lbs, 12 oz!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 4:12pm
post #14 of 19

Saying a prayer from MI.

HaileysMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HaileysMom Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 5:55pm
post #15 of 19

OMG! She's so adorable in that little brown and pink outfit! She's doing so good! Kelley, when are you due? I hope everything is normal in your pregnancy!
Stephanie

kelleym Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 6:48pm
post #16 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaileysMom

OMG! She's so adorable in that little brown and pink outfit! She's doing so good! Kelley, when are you due? I hope everything is normal in your pregnancy!
Stephanie

Yes, I had my baby last month after a somewhat rough pregnancy (2 months of bedrest). Thank you for asking! icon_smile.gif Here's a thread with pics:
http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-599616.html

kelleym Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 9:41pm
post #17 of 19

To all who have been following this story, please pray more than ever. Kayleigh's condition has become very critical.

kelleym Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 12:44am
post #18 of 19

Kayleigh is in the last days/hours of her life.

Sunflower08 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sunflower08 Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 6:33pm
post #19 of 19

This little girl is such a fighter! And this also goes to show the power of prayer!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%