Help On Ideas On Smaller Scale Bustier Cake

Decorating By __Martha__ Updated 4 Jul 2008 , 12:43am by __Martha__

__Martha__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Martha__ Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 6:10pm
post #1 of 7

There are so many beautiful bustier cakes on here and my daughter's friends have just requested one, but small - for 10 people or so.

Most of the bustier cakes I've seen here that I like use a 12" heart-shaped pan with two of the sports ball pans for the 'girls'. This would be way too much cake for these kids.

I was thinking maybe a 9" heart, but then what would I use for the 'girls'? the mini-sports ball pan is too small and also it's not as nice and round as the full size pan.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. (I am not good at carving!!!)

6 replies
CreativeGirl220 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CreativeGirl220 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 6:30pm
post #2 of 7

I know for the breast use cupcakes. I saw some 1 do a bustier cake and didn't have a clue how she did the breast and she told me she used cupcakes and I was thinking DUH of course

CreativeGirl220 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CreativeGirl220 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 6:31pm
post #3 of 7

I know for the breast use cupcakes. I saw some 1 do a bustier cake and didn't have a clue how she did the breast and she told me she used cupcakes and I was thinking DUH of course

andromedaslove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andromedaslove Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 1:56am
post #4 of 7

I just did a bustier cake last month. I used the Wilton ball to make the breasts, and they turned out REALLY well. I didn't put them on top of a heart pan, they were put directly on the cake drum that had been covered in fondant. I used the scraps that I cut off the bottom to lay on the board for the abs, and covered the whole thing in fondant. I think the website says that the ball only serves 12. So, it would fit what you need perfectly. Let me know if I can help in any other way!! Here's a picture of the one I did!!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1230458

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 4:33pm
post #5 of 7

I've done the mini ball pan with I think an 8in heart for a bikini cake. You can also do a 6in or 8in for her hips.

__Martha__ Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 12:42am
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSugar

I've done the mini ball pan with I think an 8in heart for a bikini cake. You can also do a 6in or 8in for her hips.

I was wondering about that. The cupcakes just don't seem the right 'shape'. Thanks for the idea about the hips too.

__Martha__ Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 12:43am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by andromedaslove

I just did a bustier cake last month. I used the Wilton ball to make the breasts, and they turned out REALLY well. I didn't put them on top of a heart pan, they were put directly on the cake drum that had been covered in fondant. I used the scraps that I cut off the bottom to lay on the board for the abs, and covered the whole thing in fondant. I think the website says that the ball only serves 12. So, it would fit what you need perfectly. Let me know if I can help in any other way!! Here's a picture of the one I did!!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1230458

That cake looks great! This is definitely another option for me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%