Help! I Need Some Inspiration!!!!

Decorating By the cake whole Updated 2 Jul 2008 , 5:02pm by kimmypooh79

the cake whole Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 3:06pm
post #1 of 7

I know I can count on this forum to help me in a tight situation so here I go....

I have a "Backyardigans" theme BDay cake to do for July 25th. It will have to feed 75 people and I have COMPLETE creative control. So far so good! Well I thought I would do a slab cake (chocolate) and carve it out like an island. I would than have a volcanoe in the centre carved out of vanilla cake and decorate with the "Backyardigans" characters. It will be based on a particular episode. Well I need some inspiration for the island! What shape? If anyone has any pics or templates, maybe some ideas for decorating the island etc....

Whatever help you can throw my way I will be forever in debt to you!!

6 replies
Sugarflowers Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 4:25pm
post #2 of 7

I've never seen Backyardigans, so I'm not sure if I will be of any help.

Anyway, for the island, maybe you could lightly trim jagged lines off the edges, cutting deeper in some places. Taper or bevel the edges, unless you want a cliff icon_smile.gif, and also taper one side or end to make a beach. For sand, place some vanilla wafers in a food processor and let her rip! This makes very tasty sand and any remaining can be stored for later beaches.

FeGe_Cakes Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 4:30pm
post #3 of 7

I would think an round island with a mound with grahm cracker sand..with a palm tree. Seems like I recall something from a wilton yearbook. I will have to dig when I get home to find it. are some picks I found on nickjr. Just scroll thru the pages. You might find something interesting there.

FeGe_Cakes Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 4:34pm
post #4 of 7

This is not the greatest pictures but what about a tropical island.

FeGe_Cakes Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 4:36pm
post #5 of 7

Found a couple more:

FeGe_Cakes Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 4:37pm
post #6 of 7

Found a couple more:

kimmypooh79 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 5:02pm
post #7 of 7

When i need inspiration i just google images of what I am looking for and sometimes the scene or picture inspires the cake. So just google volcano, island, or volcano island in the images and see what comes up. I get lots of ideas doing that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%