Attended First Wedding With A Professional Eye On The Cake

Decorating By missmeg Updated 2 Jul 2008 , 11:04pm by aliciaL_77

missmeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missmeg Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 1:41pm
post #1 of 2

My niece got married in Virginia this past weekend, and it gave me the opportunity to look at a wedding cake with a "professional" eye.

I hope no one here did the cake, 'cause all I can say is that if that's what passes for a professional wedding cake, there is no reason I can't do one.

The cake was very simplistic and elegant - square 6/8/10, covered in bc, sage green picot dots, and green silk ribbon. Beautiful design. But in the details...

every single one of the picot dots were more like choc kisses - they all had points. I absolutely would have tamped each one down. I also noticed a bulge in the side of the 6" cake, but thankfully it did not blow. And for a square cake, there was not a single sharp edge.

I loved the design icon_smile.gif - don't get me wrong. But I was noticing things with a more critical eye. And it tasted yummy. Two layers were apple, and one layer was choc with raspberry filling.

1 reply
aliciaL_77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciaL_77 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 11:04pm
post #2 of 2

I know thw feeling, My cousin in VA emailed me a pic of the cake she wants and it is HUGE - 5 tiers for 60 people.. I was telling her about dummies and she never thought about that ( I would not have either if it was not for our beloved CC icon_smile.gif ) She is now asking me what to ask, etc... I wish I was up there and I would make it for her icon_smile.gif

and that apple layer sounds yummy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%