Rack For Drying Gp Flowers... Where To Buy?

Decorating By wgoat5 Updated 2 Jul 2008 , 11:12pm by Bettycrockermommy

wgoat5 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 1:23pm
post #1 of 16

I wanted to invest in sometihng to dry the flowers upside down.. what do you all use ?

I would like something I can put away if possible (fold up or whatever)

Thanks a bunch icon_smile.gif

Christi icon_biggrin.gif

15 replies
costumeczar Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 1:28pm
post #2 of 16

I use a couple of those cheap wire racks that have slots for wire drawers in them. They come in separate pieces and you put them together, so you can take them apart easily if you need to. The ones that I use have a wire grid on the top shelf, so you can hang wired flowers from that, or from the slots on the sides where the drawers are supposed to go (I don't put the drawers in them). For larger flowers you can put them in a piece of tinfoil to support the petals while they dry in a certain shape and just stick the wire stem through the grid on top so that they dry upright.

You can also use a pasta drying rack if you're just looking for something to dry flowers upside down. Or a wire grid cooling rack balanced on a bunch of soup cans!

Texas_Rose Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 1:30pm
post #3 of 16

I use one of those little shelves that's supposed to give you more cupboard space. I'm not describing it too well. So here's a picture of one. I have a couple of them...they're really cheap but they're ideal for the job and don't take a lot of room.
LL

cashley Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 1:39pm
post #4 of 16

A spaghetti drying rack and folds real easy to put away.

Molly2 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 1:53pm
post #5 of 16

I went to Jo Annâs and bought me a couple of wooden crates and a pkg of wooden dowels (different size rounds) I put push pins on each side of the dowels to hold in place I hang my flowers upside down and when I want to make a loop bow I just change out the dowels and hang my loops on the fatter dowels used my coupons less then $5.00 for every thing

Molly2

PinkZiab Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 1:58pm
post #6 of 16

I use the same as Texas Rose... works perfectly.

nannie Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 2:08pm
post #7 of 16

ok, don't laugh but I clipped my gum past roses upside down using a pants hanger and then hung them from the dining room chandelier.

it worked

icon_smile.gif

CakesByLJ Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 2:12pm
post #8 of 16

You don't need to buy anything icon_smile.gif Look around the house.. I am using a dessert stand and it works fine.. Remove the gold foil covered boards, and it is just a metal rack to hold plates for serving.. Works perfect, and multi purpose... http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1187729.html

Molly2 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 2:37pm
post #9 of 16

Hey CakesbyLJ

Your right I know a lady that makes and sales bead neckles and she hung the off of a rack like that it was pretty cool

Molly2 thumbs_up.gif

Sugarflowers Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 4:28pm
post #10 of 16

I use the same as Texas Rose. They are very cheap, can be stacked, and work very well.

Michele

wgoat5 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 7:40pm
post #11 of 16

Thanks guys !!!! Laura I have one of those.. and NEVER in my wildest dreams thought of using it!!! Thank you soooo much!!!!

(All that gambling has done your mind well my friend LMAO j/k icon_wink.gif )

CakesByLJ Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 8:26pm
post #12 of 16

Well, what are cake friends for?? *pulling head out of the oven long enough to check out CC* icon_biggrin.gif

playingwithsugar Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 8:29pm
post #13 of 16

I have the ones like Texas_Rose showed, but single tier. I got a couple of them at Dollar Tree. When I needed taller ones, I got them at Wally-World (wal-mart).

Theresa icon_smile.gif

TexasTam Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 9:06pm
post #14 of 16

I use my cookie cooling rack stacked between some books...it works great for me. I am going to go get me some of those like TexasRose though.

TooMuchCake Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 10:09pm
post #15 of 16

My son made me one out of the K'Nex he no longer plays with.

icon_smile.gif
Deanna

Bettycrockermommy Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 11:12pm
post #16 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchCake

My son made me one out of the K'Nex he no longer plays with.

icon_smile.gif
Deanna

Now that is inventive!!

I have one similar to Texas_Rose, but mine has a grid on top.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%