Scratch Cake "mixes"

Decorating By Sweet-Dreams Updated 3 Jul 2008 , 2:37am by jammjenks

Sweet-Dreams Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 11:17am
post #1 of 4

Alright everyone, I have an idea/question! I'm hoping to start my own cake decorating business in the near future. I still haven't found all my scratch recipes that I'd like to keep but I'm still testing some out!

However, most of the recipes I've come across usually have you combine the dry ingredients and sift together. Would it be possible to spend an hour or so sifting together the amounts for each batch and then putting it into a ziploc bag?

That way there'd be a "mix" of all my dry ingredients on hand. Would this work? Does anyone else do this? I'm just thinking out loud here... TIA!

3 replies
Petit-four Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 12:23pm
post #2 of 4

I do this when I have wedding cakes -- I measure out all the dry ingredients into large tupperware-like containers, jot the flavor down in washable marker. I do this the day before.

I have the recipes in clear plastic sleeves right out on the counter, and then can quickly add the wet ingredients. It works well for me. You'd want to keep everything sealed tight and quite dry, of course.

missmeg Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 3:50pm
post #3 of 4

I did this with the dry WASC ingredients. I put them in ziploc bags and then in a large rubbermaid container. It's cut down on so much time icon_smile.gif.

jammjenks Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 2:37am
post #4 of 4

Why have I never thought of this???

Quote by @%username% on %date%