Anyone Else Relieved That June Is Finally Over?

Business By littlecake Updated 3 Jul 2008 , 5:01pm by marmalade1687

littlecake Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 4:27am
post #1 of 18

this past 2 months...starting with graduation has really kicked my chubby butt.

july is lookin more busy than july usually is tho.

17 replies
GeminiRJ Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 12:19pm
post #2 of 18

I was happiest to see May go bye-bye! Every friend I know comes out of the woodwork, needing a cake, in May. June was better...but still more cake than I'd like to do!

Mike1394 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 12:27pm
post #3 of 18

NO, NO, NO at my age they go by to fast as it is. LOLOLOL

Mike

costumeczar Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 1:23pm
post #4 of 18

I've been doing the "June is over" dance since Monday, when my feet stopped hurting enough that I could stand up again!

indydebi Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 1:35pm
post #5 of 18

I was glad when May was over .... that's when I had 5 straight days of breakfast/lunch/dinner for 100 college guys PLUS 4 wedding cakes and 1 catering the following weekend! icon_eek.gif On the very last wedding, I kept telling myself, "In two hours, I'll be done. In two hours, I'll be DONE!" icon_lol.gif

June was "ok" .... my big month coming up is October.

SweetConfectionsChef Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 1:36pm
post #6 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecake

You crack me up littlecake!!! I've always hated May & June....so freakin' busy! OMG! This year (since I've sold the shop) I got to spend most of May and all of June on vacation, cleaning my wreck of a house, doing fun things with my kiddo and sleeping LATE! icon_lol.gif Just had to brag! LOL On the other hand I'm starting to miss my shop, not the work, just the actual shop. Hopefully that will go away when baby arrives in September!

michellesArt Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 1:45pm
post #7 of 18

well the end of june means the end of school and thisngs are a little hectic around here now with all the kids home (sometimes 4) but for the most part-as i haven't got that busy yet, i'm glad for the hot weather

ChrisPA Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 1:53pm
post #8 of 18

I am very glad June is over and we are in July. That means that my vacation is only 53 days away. icon_biggrin.gif

Caribbean...here I come!!!!

party.gif

tyty Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 1:53pm
post #9 of 18

I had more orders in May and June than I've ever had. June was the worst. I had no Father's day orders, all birthday and other celebrations. July is looking a little better.

littlecake Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 8:09pm
post #10 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetConfectionsChef

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecake

You crack me up littlecake!!! I've always hated May & June....so freakin' busy! OMG! This year (since I've sold the shop) I got to spend most of May and all of June on vacation, cleaning my wreck of a house, doing fun things with my kiddo and sleeping LATE! icon_lol.gif Just had to brag! LOL On the other hand I'm starting to miss my shop, not the work, just the actual shop. Hopefully that will go away when baby arrives in September!

LuCkY YoU!!!!!!

have you picked out a baby name yet???

you be to busy changing diapers and making bottles to think about the shop,

if ya get missin it TOO BAD...come on home to oklahoma fer a few weeks, i'll put you to work, and then ya won't miss it any more! tapedshut.gif

snarkybaker Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 10:25pm
post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPA

I am very glad June is over and we are in July. That means that my vacation is only 53 days away. icon_biggrin.gif

party.gif

What is this thing called vacation and where can I buy one? icon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

ChrisPA Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 12:36am
post #12 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by txkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPA

party.gif

What is this thing called vacation and where can I buy one? icon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

I've only recently started caking (started with an 8 week night school class) and then on to the Wilton classes, so I'm still kind of a newbie (though getting better and better with every order)

So since this is more of a fun thing to do for a little extra scratch, I can take vacations...thanks to hubby also. Nothing against all you great and wonderful cake baking, making and decorating extraordinaires!

We all deserve vacations, isn't that why we work ourselves to death!!!!

melodyscakes Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 2:01am
post #13 of 18

my fall looks like it will be even busier than June.
July seems to be slow, but once Aug -Nov. I'll be BUSY!

yeah, whats a vacation?

not even taking one this year, can't get away from cakes. taking a great one next year though. ....hope hope hope

melody

littlecake Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 2:37am
post #14 of 18

i was gonna take a week off...this week....somehow it just didn't work out that way....icon_sad.gif

loriemoms Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 9:21am
post #15 of 18

June maybe over, but my "june" is always october. It has always been the crazy month for me! (worse then May!) I have some weekends where I have 8 weddings to do. I wonder if I can deliver a cake at 3 am?

marmalade1687 Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 3:26pm
post #16 of 18

May was nuts, June was a little bit better (but still busy!). I only have ONE wedding booked for July, but that is because we are moving this month - my house is in boxes at the moment, including most of my cake stuff! August will be fun (note the sarcasm) when I have to get back into regular full-time mode and find all of my cake stuff in the boxes to bake and decorate! icon_eek.gif

My new home will be in boxes until the end of October when wedding season ends, and I can take a breath and unpack! icon_rolleyes.gif

loriemoms Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 4:35pm
post #17 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmalade1687

May was nuts, June was a little bit better (but still busy!). I only have ONE wedding booked for July, but that is because we are moving this month - my house is in boxes at the moment, including most of my cake stuff! August will be fun (note the sarcasm) when I have to get back into regular full-time mode and find all of my cake stuff in the boxes to bake and decorate! icon_eek.gif

My new home will be in boxes until the end of October when wedding season ends, and I can take a breath and unpack! icon_rolleyes.gif

Oh MAN can I relate!! Last year, we built a new house..the new house was due to be completed in July, but we sold our old house in April. So we put everything in storage except the bed, some clothes, and the cake stuff! (really! We even just lived on paper plates) We rented a small apartment I had one wedding already booked, so I did one wedding in the apartment, but still did tastings. I enjoyed one month of no cake. It was crazy! When we moved into our house in July, I had a cake due one week after moving in day, so I quickly unpacked the bakery stuff, got it all set up (didn't sleep for three days) and had my inspection!!
Not only that, but my daughter had TWINS while we were living in the apartment (end of May) so I was also babysitting my two year old grandaughter and trying to help her out (luckilly she didnt live far away) ..and my mom decided to come visit the week we were moving into the new house, so I couldn't even visit with her because I was trying to get ready for inspection.. So you will live through it!!! and be glad when its over! hahaha!

marmalade1687 Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 5:01pm
post #18 of 18

Thanks!! I booked off 3 weeks to do the move, but now I'm looking at the rest of my schedule for August onwards - all my "stuff" is well-packed in well marked boxes, and the kids are in day-camp for my worst two weeks - the plans are in place...we'll just have to see how it goes...! icon_wink.gif I think my mom mentioned in a conversation that she wanted to visit in August too...time to teach her "flat-icing 101"! Around here, you have to spatula for your supper! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%