Need An Idea For A Congrates And Going Away Cake

Decorating By mysweetconfetions Updated 12 Jul 2008 , 10:22pm by mysweetconfetions

mysweetconfetions Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 2:38am
post #1 of 6

My partner at work has been accepted into Highway Patrol School and will be leaving for school next week. We work in a small rural county jail and he will be missed greatly. We're having a small going away party for him and I want to do a cake that will tell him how much we will miss him and how happy we are for him. I'm just not having any luck with coming up with ideas for it. Can anybody help? I'm just short of being brain dead at this point.

5 replies
jammjenks Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 3:26am
post #2 of 6

Have you tried looking through the Military/police gallery? I found these there:

This one I did, but you could always replace the sailor hat with a police hat or badge

OCakes Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 8:15pm
post #3 of 6

How about having his car with a polic car chasing him to pull him over? Or a 3D police car with one of those cool "siren lights" on top (mini wonder mold or a cupcake?)... or just a regular bar of lights on top. I think the car would be cool. Sorry I'm not able to think of other options right now, hopefully those other galleries are hopeful! =)

poshcakedesigns Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 3:05pm
post #4 of 6

How about those 'stacked suit cases' on each i.d. tag you could write something about them and how you'll miss them?

LittleLinda Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 1:09pm
post #5 of 6

Put him in jail on the cake. Say "We wish we could keep you: but we have to let you go."

mysweetconfetions Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 10:22pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks for all the ideas...I loved the "in jail" idea. Due to time restrants and babysitting a sick GD this is what I came up with. Not what I wanted but it made my partner really happy. ( Also several GSP troopers that brought in alot of DUI drivers over the 4th icon_lol.gif )

Quote by @%username% on %date%