Guess What? Ot

Baking By deetmar Updated 6 Jul 2008 , 11:04pm by deetmar

deetmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deetmar Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 2:19am
post #1 of 22

I am going to be a Grandma for the first time! I am so excited. Jason, one of the twins, and his wife are expecting. We couldn't be happier. We weren't sure if he was going to be able to have children because of his health issues.

He and his twin were born three months premature. That was before surfactin. They both have emphysema and will both need heart and lung transplants before they hit 30.

This baby is truly a miracle, and I don't know who is more excited, my husband or me ! I can't wait.

I went shopping for quilt material today. Pam thinks she is having a boy, but I think it will be a girl. I don't really care as long as it's healthy.

Thanks for letting me share.

21 replies
tree45 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tree45 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 2:27am
post #2 of 22

Congratulations!! That is truely wonderful! icon_biggrin.gif

tracey1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracey1970 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 2:28am
post #3 of 22

Congrats. Hubby and I were told that kids were a no-go for us too. We had a baby girl a year and a half ago. Miracles do happen. All the best!

moxey2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moxey2000 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 2:29am
post #4 of 22

Congratulations thumbs_up.gif ! Very exciting news icon_lol.gif .

I will remember you and your family in my prayers icon_biggrin.gif .

twooten173 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twooten173 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 2:33am
post #5 of 22

Congrats! Make sure to cherish them everyday.

Reedsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Reedsmomma Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 2:39am
post #6 of 22

Congratulations! Babies are such a blessing!

lepaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lepaz Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 2:47am
post #7 of 22

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Break out the cake!!!!! WOO-HOO!!!!!

Penny7271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Penny7271 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 2:58am
post #8 of 22

CONGRATULATIONS!
My son was a preemie - and thankfully he was ok. But as a result I learned so much about prematurity and how hard that can be. I am so glad to hear your news and am so happy for you and your family.

Kate714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kate714 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 3:11am
post #9 of 22

Congratulations!! that is so exciting!!

Afarren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Afarren Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 3:21am
post #10 of 22

Congrats...That is amazing and wonderful. How old are your twins now? (I'm a NICU nurse) Surfactant is great!

TonyaBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TonyaBakes Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 3:23am
post #11 of 22

CONGRATS!!!!! Thats so wonderful!!! My daughter was 3 months preemie too, but I thank God everyday that shes now a happy healthy 7 yo that you would never know was preemie. You can't bank on everything the DRs say, even their educated guesses are just that..... guesses. My hubby and I are praying to have another, fingers crossed!
I'm so happy for you, thats such wonderful news!!!!!

valerieInga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
valerieInga Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 3:41am
post #12 of 22

Congratulations, I have been a NICU nurse for over 20 years. Surfactant has made such a difference. We love to hear from our graduates, it's so nice to know we have made a difference in someone's life. All the best.

Afterezra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Afterezra Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 4:36am
post #13 of 22

Congrats! My youngest was a 26 weeker. I had a lot of time to think of all the preemies that came before him and all the advances that were made because of them. So thank you!

Before my son was born I didn't know why anyone would want to be a NICU nurse, too emotional and everything. Now I know how amazing they are. icon_wink.gif

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 11:33am
post #14 of 22

My twins were part of the trials for surfactant, even though the hospital where they were born was not officially participating. But because of them, and how great they did with the surfactant, the hospital came on board. The boys just had their 20th birthday on Saturday, and are going strong. My congratulations go out to you and your family, and I wish nothing but the best for all of you in the days ahead!

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 12:45pm
post #15 of 22

Congratulations on your great news!!!

deetmar Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 1:00pm
post #16 of 22

Thanks guys, I am so excited. I can't believe how many preemies here. My boys are 24 now. I am so lucky that they don't look like preemies. They had educations issues, and health issues, but we still were very lucky.

Alliekat66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alliekat66 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 1:06pm
post #17 of 22

A baby!! Congrats! HMMMM.....I smell baby shower cookies...how about you?? LOL! I'm so excited for you!

ahuvas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ahuvas Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 9:04am
post #18 of 22

I was a 26 weeker born 28 years ago - miracles happen all the time. Congratulations!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 11:55am
post #19 of 22

What a magnificent and lovely blessing.
Many multiplied congratulations.

Love and Prayers,
Kate

poshcakedesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poshcakedesigns Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 12:06pm
post #20 of 22

Congrats!! I know how you feel we are expecting our 2nd grand baby Monday.

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 12:08pm
post #21 of 22

Many congratulations to you and your family. this thread makes me really appreciate the blessings I was given...thanks!

deetmar Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 11:04pm
post #22 of 22

We got to go baby shopping yesterday. I bought the baby two outfits. It's hard when you don't know what it is. We will find out when she gets further along, then we will really be able to shop.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%