What Does Mmf Mean?

Baking By TooCuteSmp Updated 7 Jul 2008 , 6:25pm by Primginger

TooCuteSmp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooCuteSmp Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 12:47am
post #1 of 9

I see alot of people use that term, but I dont know what it means... I always guessed fondant

8 replies
foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 1:05am
post #2 of 9

Marshmallow fondant... it's in the recipe section icon_smile.gif

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 5:20am
post #3 of 9

at the top of each forum, there are 'stickys' with frequently asked questions. In the general section is a thread with common abbreviations used here.

bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 5:40am
post #4 of 9

Worth making! Preferred 100% over Wiltons in my mini trial.

Primginger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Primginger Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 1:44pm
post #5 of 9

The MMF that everyone likes to make, can it be colored easily with the wilton color paste? I actually bought two packages of the wilton fondant to try for my very first fondant experience as a beginner who just like to make, decorate and eat cake! (are there many of them around here) anyway, my mom has made cakes since she was young, always just something she liked to do for people, and she decorates them and such, so I have secured her for my first fondant attempt on July 12th for my daughters birthday cake. It's my first time, so I am reading everything I can on these boards to make sure I do it just right, I'm wondering if I shouldn't just make the MMF and go from there.

raquel1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
raquel1 Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 12:16am
post #6 of 9

MMF is soo inexpensice to make and so delicious that even if it was difficult to to make (which is not) it is worth making. That said, I had been using MMF for about a year for all my fondant needs with no problem until I heard of white chocolate fondant... It sounded dreamy but I couldn't get someone to give me the recipe until I asked here and of course with this group I got a fabulous recipe for LaWanda white chocolate fondant and I'm a convert. As great, easy to color, and work with as MMF is the smell and flavor of the white chocolate drives me crazy in a good way icon_biggrin.gif Is whiter, feels smoother. It does cost a little bit more to make (it takes white chocolate, glycerine, etc...), but still way cheaper than bought fondant. If what you need is something to experiment and learn with MMF is cheaper and super easy to work with, but for a real cake you may want to try LaWanda white choc.

Primginger Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 11:35pm
post #7 of 9

We did try the wilton fondant this weekend on our first attempt at fondant, and most did not like the taste, so my thought was to make the MMF this week and use that on my daughters cake next weekend. This white chocolate fondant sounds to die for, please direct me to the recipe, and thanks for the info.

raquel1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
raquel1 Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 3:24am
post #8 of 9

Hi Primginger: here is the link to the thread about white chocolate fondant, Angie said she got it from here but I couldn't find it anywhere in here icon_confused.gif So thanks to her here it is:
http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-592685.html

Primginger Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 6:25pm
post #9 of 9

icon_biggrin.gif Thank you for the recipe, I think I have time this week to make that instead of the MMF and see how it goes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%