Edilbe Image Printers Alternatives To The System.

Decorating By Sugarshock Updated 2 Jul 2008 , 7:08pm by tiggy2

Sugarshock Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 11:18pm
post #1 of 8

I'm going to be lazy and ask instead of doing the research myself icon_redface.gif . Can anyone direct me towards a printer/scanner/copier that works with the available ink cartridges, preferably the most economical. I know about Kopy Kakes and icingimages.com but I'm trying to be cheap, too. Yes, cheap and lazy. If anyone could help me with this I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

7 replies
ebear Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 11:42pm
post #3 of 8

Hi..is this a silly question..BUT can you get edible ink cartridges for most printers?

tiggy2 Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 11:48pm
post #4 of 8

As far as ikhnow only certain canon and epson printer have edible ink cartridges. Check with kopykae and icing images to see which models they have cartridges for.

ebear Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 11:51pm
post #5 of 8

Thanks..I'll have to check what printer I have... icon_confused.gif

Molly2 Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 11:56pm
post #6 of 8

I have a Epson CX8400 it was $69.00 At Ofice Depot and it works great it uses the 4 tank ink cartridges I buy from Kopy Kakes

ebear Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 12:00am
post #7 of 8

Does anyone know if Goldas sells edible ink cartridges..now this has peaked my curiousity..and I cant help but think of all the things I could do with it... icon_biggrin.gif

tiggy2 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 7:08pm
post #8 of 8
Originally Posted by ebear

Thanks..I'll have to check what printer I have... icon_confused.gif

Has your printer had "regular" ink in it? If so I wouldn't use it for edible images. You really need to use a new printer for this.

Quote by @%username% on %date%