Anyone Have A Visual????

Decorating By AmyCakes2 Updated 1 Jul 2008 , 11:16pm by sarahnichole975

AmyCakes2 Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 10:57pm
post #1 of 2

I need to do a cake for the end of this month....the lady has been, shall we say, quite a trip. She's a friend of my MIL and so.....
Anyway, originally she wanted 20 individual servings and a small "center" cake for the lady (who's bday it is) to take home. She's now decided to go with a round cake so there will be extra, instead of one piece for everyone and then it's gone...yadda, yadda, yadda. However, this is what she wants....
She wants it decorated in "lattice work" on the sides with small flowers - delicate like a tea cup. It's going to be a 10" round, lemon, double layer, with rasp. filling - and then a small single layer 6" same flavor & filling.
She has kind of described it to me, but I've yet to see a tea cup with lattice work and dainty flowers on it. It's a garden party theme, and there's to be absolutely no writing on the cake.
Has anyone seen anything on here resembling this? Or an idea close to it??
Thanks ahead of time for the help!!

1 reply
sarahnichole975 Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 11:16pm
post #2 of 2

Well here's a lattice work cake I did. It was pretty easy and you could do it in the fondant or pipe it in bc. Then have little vines in sage green with tiny little fondant flowers.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%