Gumpaste Flowers???

Decorating By WillowRose12007 Updated 1 Jul 2008 , 7:18pm by icer101

WillowRose12007 Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 6:59pm
post #1 of 2

I would like to make some pink gerbera daisies out of gumpaste, but I'm not sure how. I haven't worked with gumpaste yet, but would like to try. I bought a cutter that is for sunflowers, but I think it would probably work to make gerbera daisies also, it's a cutter, but also a stamp. I don't know if anyone knows what I'm talking about, but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I was also thinking that maybe I could get the daisies already made from wholesale sugar flowers, but they don't come in pink, so I wanted to know if I could buy white gumpaste flowers and then paint them a desired color? Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

1 reply
icer101 Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 7:18pm
post #2 of 2

hi... lots of people buy gumpaste flowers already made..... white.... then paint them with colors of their choice... i see this at the ices convention every year... some people are just really busy.. and that is what they do... some air brush them... some use petal dust by itself... some mix petal dust with everclear or some kind of alcohol or pure lemon extract.... i just took nicholas lodge class in atlanta... we made a gerba daisy.... it is a several step process.... because it is a big flower , you have to wait for the center and first petals to dry before going on... it is a beautiful flower... hth

Quote by @%username% on %date%