Ruben Studdard's Wedding Cake

Decorating By Ironbaker Updated 2 Jul 2008 , 12:02am by fondantgrl

Ironbaker Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 5:02pm
post #1 of 29

I almost went to this wedding this past Saturday. (friend knows the bride) But alas, could not go. They weren't allowed cameras but some pics are now online. I task her with a simple thing: pay attention to the cake and let me know if it's good. And she said she never got a chance to get any. Boo. She did say the groom's cake was really nice and looked good, no pics of that anywhere.

I wonder who made it.

28 replies
Laura102777 Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 5:06pm
post #2 of 29

I don't know who made it, but it sure is beautiful! Congratulations to him and his bride!

fondantgrl Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 5:10pm
post #3 of 29

I think it is a beautiful cake. Do you have a photo of the bride ? There is no photo of her anywhere. thanks for posting the photo icon_smile.gif

smab109 Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 5:15pm
post #4 of 29

Gorgeous Cake! Would love to see a close up of it! Looks like some great detail work!!

mommak Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 5:16pm
post #5 of 29

ahh Love that Ruben!! Beautiful cake.

Cynita Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 5:20pm
post #6 of 29

Love Ruben and the cake is nice. Congratulations Big Teddy Bear!!!

Cynita

terrig007 Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 5:21pm
post #7 of 29

Beautiful cake for a beautiful person. I saw a picture of them coming out of church. She of course is beautiful as well, had a lovely, strapless ivory dress. I am disappointed your friend didn't get a piece of cake too. Wonder what his cake looked like. It would be interesting to know who made it.

springlakecake Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 5:23pm
post #8 of 29

that would have been cool to go! It's a pretty cake!

Janette Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 5:29pm
post #9 of 29

That cake is Beautiful

They are a Beautiful couple

I've noticed a few B & W themed Weddings this year. I just went to one last week.

twindees Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 5:40pm
post #10 of 29

Wow, very pretty cake. Go Ruben.

becky27 Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 5:42pm
post #11 of 29

how nice they look...so happy!!! and that cake is really pretty!!!!! thanks for sharing!!!!

sarahnichole975 Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 5:46pm
post #12 of 29

Awww...I wanna squeeze them both. They're precious! Beautiful bride and beaming groom. Gorgeous cake too!

minerva16 Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 5:57pm
post #13 of 29

I am happy for them - Although, Ruben was supposed to be my husband. Apparently, he didn't get the memo. icon_biggrin.gif

imartsy Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 5:59pm
post #14 of 29

am I missing something? Where's the picture? Is it in this thread?

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 6:05pm
post #15 of 29

Beautiful cake! Gorgeous couple! I was going to add 'a rather large bridal party' but then it dawned on me that mine was basically the same size (one matron of honor, seven bridesmaids, one best man and seven attendants/ushers - we didn't have a ring bearer or flower girls though).

I wish them lots of luck, love and happiness.

Relznik Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 6:20pm
post #16 of 29

I've no idea who he is icon_redface.gif , but lovely wedding photos and a stunning cake!

chutzpah Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 6:23pm
post #17 of 29

Who in the world is Ruben Studdard?

Ironbaker Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 6:34pm
post #18 of 29

LOL chutzpah, you always give me a laugh.

If you don't watch American Idol, he'll be completely foreign to you. He won season 2 a few years back. The season Clay Aiken thought he won. icon_razz.gif He hasn't had the best success but he is a very sweet guy.

chutzpah Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 6:40pm
post #19 of 29

I think I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a dull and rusty fork than watch Idol (we have it over here, too). Urk.

loriemoms Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 6:45pm
post #20 of 29

That is a beautiful cake! I am so glad he got married...he seems like such a pussy cat! Everyone around here talks all the time about Clay Aiken, but everyone seems to forget that Rubin was the winner!

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 6:46pm
post #21 of 29

I've never seen one episode of that show, but I've still heard of him - and a few other 'graduates', too. I figure you basically have to live under a rock to not have heard his name come up at least a few times. icon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gif

ShortcakesSweets Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 6:52pm
post #22 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by vixterfsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by chutzpah

Who in the world is Ruben Studdard?

Someone who got to big for his britches.
Not the greatest singer from American Idol.

That wasn't very nice. Ruben is a whole lot better singer than some of the other wannabe's that have won.

seagoat Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 6:56pm
post #23 of 29

.......has been living under a rock...

I had no idea who he was either, but then again..I watched American Idol once and thought "OMG, is this a show for people to humiliate themselves"? Didn't watch it again.

His wedding looked beautiful tho..

cakegal Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 7:06pm
post #24 of 29

I didn't know he was even getting married...LOL.
Oh, well....nice cake anyways.

ShortcakesSweets Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 10:12pm
post #25 of 29

If the industry were truly so concerned about morals then Britney and several others would have (not of) been gone a long time ago.

vixterfsu Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 11:23pm
post #26 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortcakesSweets

If the industry were truly so concerned about morals then Britney and several others would have (not of) been gone a long time ago.

I couldn't touch this with 100 of your bibles!

summernoelle Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 11:42pm
post #27 of 29
Quote:

I think I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a dull and rusty fork than watch Idol (we have it over here, too). Urk.

Chutzpah-have I told you you are one of my favorite people here? Dry senses of humor are so funny sometimes. icon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif

ANicole Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 11:49pm
post #28 of 29

Yeah, I declared my affection for Chutzpah back in another heated thread! haha I like trouble makers! icon_evil.gif

fondantgrl Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 12:02am
post #29 of 29
Quote:

Looking forward to knowing that you did this... literally..can you please do it now ? icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%