Specific Question About Making The Fondant Loop Bow...

Decorating By emrldsky Updated 1 Jul 2008 , 1:44pm by emrldsky

emrldsky Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 1:33pm
post #1 of 4

Seen here:

I have the feeling that fondant alone probably won't hold up so well. I've only used the Wilton gum paste, so not sure what I can add (other than Wilton gum paste) to Satin Ice to get the loops to dry hard. My only local supply stores (I think) are: Hobby Lobby, Michaels, or Kitchen Art (the store for cooks! Sorry...had to finish it, lol).

Suggestions? Also, I want to use the bow for my final cake in Wilton's Course III on Thursday...is that enough time?

3 replies
butterflywings Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 1:42pm
post #2 of 4

i would suggest, since you need it in two days, make it from all gumpaste (wilton's is fine). or you can mix it with the SI, to give you more time to work with it if you need too, but i'd go with a higher ratio than 50/50... maybe 75 gumpaste & 25 fondant.

and you can place all the pieces in your cold oven with just the light on, overnight and that will help it dry faster, too.

Sarsi Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 1:43pm
post #3 of 4

Wilton gumpaste should work fine. Do 50/50 fondant/gumpaste... Usually it should dry for a few days for a bow, depending on how thick you roll it out... HTH!!

emrldsky Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 1:44pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks so much for the quick response!! I'll be sure to stop by HL and pick up some more gum paste. icon_smile.gif Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%