Ideas For Using Pastry Pride...can't Refreeze

Decorating By cocobean Updated 1 Jul 2008 , 10:03pm by cocobean

cocobean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocobean Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 5:37am
post #1 of 9

I bought some Pastry Pride today for the first time. Left it on the counter in a box and got side tracked. (DH came home from work and wanted me to go for a ride on his new motorcycle). I just remembered and hurried to put it away. It was cold but defrosted. It said, "keep frozen". Do not refreeze. Now what? I bought it to experiment with but I didn't want to experiment this soon. icon_cry.gif Any ideas or recipes I should try out with my Pastry Pride? icon_rolleyes.gif

8 replies
cocobean Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 5:46am
post #2 of 9

...forgot to say, thanks in advance, cause I've got to go to bed. I can't keep my eyes open!

Juds2323 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juds2323 Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 5:47am
post #3 of 9

Once you whip it it can be frozen again. You just can't refreeze it in liquid form. I alway freeze leftover mousse from my cakes that I make with it.

HTH

Judi

jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 5:48am
post #4 of 9

hello,
I refreeze mine and have had no problems. In fact, I have frozen it already whipped and reused, no problems. I just hate wasting it.

fondantfrenzy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantfrenzy Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 6:01am
post #5 of 9

Same here, no problems refreezing it after I whipped it as well.

cocobean Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 4:19pm
post #6 of 9

Thanks, everyone glad to know that I can at least refreeze after whipping. Now what can I do with it besides using it on it's own? What do you use it for? If you don't mind sharring? Recipes? icon_cool.gif Thanks!

fondantfrenzy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantfrenzy Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 4:28pm
post #7 of 9

Well if you are referring to the pastry pride whipped topping, i just keep it. as my filling, i just play around until i find a filling that everyone loves, this one I invented that everyone seemed to love.

1 Large Carton Heavy Whipping Cream or Pastry Pride
1 box of sugar free chocolate pudding
2 tsp of non flavored gelatin
5 tablespoons of Nutella or too taste
7 pieces of Ferror Rocher Filling

Directions
Empty the contents of the sugar free pudding in the bottom of the mixer.
Add entire carton of whipping cream
Add 2 Table spoons of nutella
Start whipping the ingredients on high.
Once the filling has gotten firm, add 2 tsp of geletin, and the rest of the nutella and continue to whip on fast speed.
Once the filling has gotten the desired firmness, change the paddle on your mixer to the mixing paddle and add all of the Ferror Rocher Candy (crushed up) into the filling and mix on slow.

jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 6:13pm
post #8 of 9

I like to add a cooled off ganache to it for a mousse type filling. I also add lemon pie filling with it for a super -"chiffon" lemon filling. I've also used raspberry jam with it, cream cheese, kahlua & chocolate....the list is endless, just experiment!

I also add caramel ice cream topping for filling that goes with a maple pecan cake.
For my sons birthday recently he asked for raspberry- cream cheese- chocolate filling. Okay, I can do that and it tasted great!

cocobean Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 10:03pm
post #9 of 9

Thanks fondantfrenzy, for typing out that whole recipe and everyone else for your ideas!!! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%