Great Sign Posted At The Cake Supply Store. Unattended...

Decorating By cocobean Updated 5 Aug 2008 , 1:55am by DaisyLisa17

bwonderful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bwonderful Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 6:45pm
post #31 of 239
Quote:
Quote:

"This is a non-smoking area. If we see you smoking we will assume you are on fire and take appropriate action."

That cracks me up! I should put that sign on the front door the next time my mom comes over.

I used to go to a restraunt in Kilgore Tx that had a large sign saying, "Free Fajitas Tomorrow". It got me the first time as I got excited about coming back the next day for free fajitas. Then I realized it was a permanent sign and everyday it says, "Free Fajitas Tomorrow"[/quote]

ShortcakesSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShortcakesSweets Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 6:45pm
post #32 of 239

Sign in front of an attorney's office near my home reads:
"Accidents and death by appointment."

cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 6:47pm
post #33 of 239

ROFLMBO!!! These are great!! I'm e-mailing them to my kids! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Here's my favorite from a few years ago...

It was fishing season and Charlie's, the local gas station/quickie mart, had this sign posted by the road: "Charlie has worms."

Down the road the hardware store's sign stated, " We have de-wormer."

NikkiDoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NikkiDoc Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 6:48pm
post #34 of 239

Wow talk about weird...ThreeD, did we post that at the same time? The sign I am talking about is in West Lincon area of NC, going towards Vale, NC. Is that where you are?

kurn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kurn Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 6:50pm
post #35 of 239

Alright, I'm computer challenged. I tried to get the picture small enough to upload and now it's too small.

Anyway the street sign says "Gods Way" and the sign next to it says "One Way" and "Do Not Enter".

sarahnichole975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahnichole975 Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 6:54pm
post #36 of 239

One I sent to my sil for mother's day on myspace. I know I know, it's kinda wrong. But after having my niece and nephew over all day with my three kids.....

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 6:56pm
post #37 of 239

I made my DH make a U-turn so I could take a pic of this!
LL

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 6:57pm
post #38 of 239

I saw at a craft booth......

"I know.... you could make it cheaper yourself..... lucky for me, YOU WON'T "

Staceface81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Staceface81 Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 7:00pm
post #39 of 239

My husband works for Citi and they have a community computer room. It was closed for updates so they posted a sign on the door:
Temporarily Closed. Sorry for the INCONTINENCE this may cause!
LOL LOL

hwnhulahands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hwnhulahands Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 7:00pm
post #40 of 239

my mom came to visit me one summer and we were walking around walmart and we were in the cooler section on the end and at the top are signs was and is. Well, my mom took a pic, I should have her send it to me but it said was 2.98 (or something like that) but now $3.56 (something like that). It was funny because they put the cheaper price as the before and the more expensive price for now. It was funny.

hwnhulahands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hwnhulahands Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 7:01pm
post #41 of 239

my mom came to visit me one summer and we were walking around walmart and we were in the cooler section on the end and at the top are signs was and is. Well, my mom took a pic, I should have her send it to me but it said was 2.98 (or something like that) but now $3.56 (something like that). It was funny because they put the cheaper price as the before and the more expensive price for now. It was funny.

justfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justfrosting Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 7:05pm
post #42 of 239

In a bathroom of a restaurant nearby...

"Jesus and germs are everywhere,

So wash your hands and say your prayers."

cakegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegal Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 7:12pm
post #43 of 239

These are all too funny...
Just as funny as some bumper stickers..

NikkiDoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NikkiDoc Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 7:14pm
post #44 of 239

In a nearby cemetary there is a headstone with only this name as the inscription:

BORING

I was visiting my cousins grave, it started drizzling and I was feeling a little blue. As this stone caught my eye I began to LOL. It struck me very funny at the moment.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 7:17pm
post #45 of 239

Years ago there was a mini mall where a few different types of stores shared one sign pole.

The top sign was for the aquarium store. All it was, was a sign which said

[/u]BlankAquariums

The bottom sign being used by a seafood store. It was just a yellow background where you could slide the letters in, similar to the part of the taco bell sign where the phrase crap combo is above.

Yep, you guessed it -

when you drove by, the sign looked like the aquarium store was selling flounder fillets for $4.99 per pound.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

cassi_g16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cassi_g16 Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 7:19pm
post #46 of 239

At the diner I worked at in high school there was a sign that said.

"We have an agreement with the bank. They don't sell burgers and we don't cash checks."

crisc23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisc23 Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 7:28pm
post #47 of 239

We were driving in Tulsa Oklahoma a few months ago and a friend in the car said "anyone need an A$$?" We all said WHAT and he said "well.. look they have A$$e$ to go!"
LL

bakincakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakincakin Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 7:34pm
post #48 of 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by loriemoms

When I used to live up in the DC area, there was a big ad in the yellow pages for a OB/GYN named Harry C Beaver. It really was his name!

Now that's funny icon_lol.gif

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 7:37pm
post #49 of 239

There used to be a physician in SE PA named Franklin Stein.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Staceface81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Staceface81 Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 7:44pm
post #50 of 239

My little sister's dentist was named Doctor Crest. Hmmmm???

sarahnichole975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahnichole975 Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 7:52pm
post #51 of 239

OMG in Dallas they have a store called Condoms to Go. I 'bout died when I first saw it. All I could think was I don't want condoms to stay fo' sho!!!!

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 8:03pm
post #52 of 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiDoc

In a nearby cemetary there is a headstone with only this name as the inscription:

BORING

I was visiting my cousins grave, it started drizzling and I was feeling a little blue. As this stone caught my eye I began to LOL. It struck me very funny at the moment.

\\

I told my DH that when I die, I want something funny on my tombstone for this very reason! That when people walk by, it will cheer them up. (who knows, it may have been their name! haha!)

EndvilleBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EndvilleBakery Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 8:06pm
post #53 of 239

In a town down the road from here there is a plastic surgeon named Dr. Phil A. Hooker.

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 8:08pm
post #54 of 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmalade1687

OMG!! I laughed so hard seeing those photos!! Where is the "Dead People's Stuff Antiques" located? I may just have to take a drive to find it just to say I've been there!! (I love antique stores!!)

It's on the way to Bloomfield in Prince Edward County. SUCH a gorgeous drive and tons of antique stores out that way.

cocobean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocobean Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 8:15pm
post #55 of 239

I had no idea my post would get this many replies. I've had some reallllly good laughs. icon_lol.gif Laughing is good for you if you are stressing over any cake problems!!! judge.gif Thanks everyone. Keep um coming! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_cool.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 8:17pm
post #56 of 239

My kids school had a candy sales rep ( for fund raising ) named Tom Weiner ! There was also a dentist in the near town named DR fagg !He prefered to be called Dr Rett( his first name )

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 8:22pm
post #57 of 239

These signs are so funny but yah know...I really can't say that signs like these are posted anywhere here..I mean people would complain to the management etc...not that I disagree with any of them because I wish there were more!! Unless it was a small independently owned store or something...Places like Walmart...Petro Canada...Tim Hortons would never have signs like these posted..people would walk out..I could just hear the complaints now!!! Too bad really....some people need to be reminded!!

I mean....signs like unattended children etc.. icon_wink.gif

DebBTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebBTX Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 8:27pm
post #58 of 239

Many, many years ago, I worked in a medical office at the front desk. For quite a while it seemed no one was willing to pay so much as a dime on their bill. Out of frustration one day I hung this sign behind my desk. I had seen it somewhere else and thought it would be a funny way to catch the patient's attention to leave some kind of payment.

In God we trust, all others pay cash.

-Debbie B.

endymion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
endymion Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 8:28pm
post #59 of 239

When I was growing up, the local garbage truck had this sign painted on the side of it:

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED OR DOUBLE YOUR TRASH BACK

Afarren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Afarren Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 8:31pm
post #60 of 239

My Mom worked for a doctor named Dr. Payne... Not sure I would go to him!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%