Great Sign Posted At The Cake Supply Store. Unattended...

Decorating By cocobean Updated 5 Aug 2008 , 1:55am by DaisyLisa17

KlyKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KlyKat Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 10:56pm
post #181 of 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by loriemoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiDoc

In a nearby cemetary there is a headstone with only this name as the inscription:

BORING

I was visiting my cousins grave, it started drizzling and I was feeling a little blue. As this stone caught my eye I began to LOL. It struck me very funny at the moment.

\\

I told my DH that when I die, I want something funny on my tombstone for this very reason! That when people walk by, it will cheer them up. (who knows, it may have been their name! haha!)

A few years back, a friend and I were walking around a cemetry looking for her aunts grave and we came upon a stone that said...

"I Told You I Was Sick"

I was so glad there was no one else there to hear us laughing icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

mommachris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommachris Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 11:00pm
post #182 of 239

my grandma...recently past...was named Myrtle Dimple Swearengine.

At school they called her...Turtle Pimple Cussmobile. Kids are so nice. icon_cool.gif

mommachris

2kiddos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2kiddos Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 11:23pm
post #183 of 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacsMom

When I was child, my neighbor's last name was Nail. Can you believe they named their son Rusty? Poor kid!

I have a very dear friend who's maiden name is Head. Her husband's last name is Cheek. Her son just recently married, and his new brides maiden name is Butts... That family is just trying to cover all body parts! Needless to say the new bride had dropped her maiden name, so that she is never referred to as So-and-So Butts Cheek!

veronica720 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veronica720 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 11:39pm
post #184 of 239

I have a neighbor named Larry Derryberry, seriously what were his parents thinking.......

MissT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissT Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 11:40pm
post #185 of 239

I didn't read through the whole post, so I can't be sure this hasn't been said, but here goes. Sign for a lawyer's office:

"The attorneys you swear by, not at" icon_lol.gif

mpitrelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mpitrelli Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 11:50pm
post #186 of 239

Ok my maiden name is Herr. Now you can either pronounce it her or hair depending on where you are from. We were on vacation in Germany and everyone called my father Herr Herr (which means mister in German) Now here in the states we go by her so the running joke was (Oh no here comes Herr again. or we had Herr and her towels made there were no hims in our house.

My next door neighbor had a vascetomy done by Dr. Hacket.

Local donut shop had sign that read All unattended childern will be given all the free donuts they want and then sent home to mom and dad.

SugarMama602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarMama602 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 11:54pm
post #187 of 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by veronica720

I have a neighbor named Larry Derryberry, seriously what were his parents thinking.......

LOL!!!!!!!!!

Saying that out loud cracks me up!!

"Uhh, can I please speak to Larry Derryberry?"

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 12:17am
post #188 of 239

Ooh, I just remembered... a few months back DH was playing remote roulette and happened upon a college football game. At one point they showed some of the players sitting on the bench and two of their names stuck us funny. Boy, were we laughing. Well, the radio announcer was talking about it the next day on one of the sports stations. So we did a Google search and wouldn't ya know it.........

Here it is:
LL

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 2:28am
post #189 of 239

I must be really boring. I can only think of one. A friend of mine married a man with last name Greene. Not too bad until you realize her first name is "Spring".

Well, I did think of another one. I went to school with a couple girls whose last names were White (African American girl) and Black (Caucasian girl). Those always caught my attention.

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 3:26am
post #190 of 239

Oh, I just thought of one more. My friend has a cousin named April. She got married a couple of years ago to a man who hated his last name, Pansy. So they both had his last name legally changed. But all during their engagement she was teased about what they thought was to be her married name - April Pansy.

kansaswolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaswolf Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 4:27am
post #191 of 239

Two of my friends in college got married, her last name: Butts (Yes, she has an uncle Harry...), his last name: Colburn. They thought about combining them, but Colbutts or Buttburn didn't seem like the best idea... icon_lol.gif

I knew a guy named Rusty Gates, and a girl named Krista Spring Waters. Oh, and the lady whose married name is now DeeDee Peteetee. *giggle* icon_lol.gif

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 5:06am
post #192 of 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightningale21

My last name is Dyck, pronounced dick, mispronounced dyke, I lose both ways. thumbsdown.gif
i have an uncle Corny and Harry. icon_eek.gif
and I'm living in Germany now where my name now means "fat"
Good Times!! thumbs_up.gif

LOL! That sucks, but it was funny!

I just thought of another! We have a street in our city named after one of our previous mayors...Harry Baals Dr.

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 5:28am
post #193 of 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightningale21

My last name is Dyck, pronounced dick, mispronounced dyke, I lose both ways. thumbsdown.gif
i have an uncle Corny and Harry. icon_eek.gif
and I'm living in Germany now where my name now means "fat"
Good Times!! thumbs_up.gif

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA snort HEE HEE HEE!

perfect!

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 12:38pm
post #194 of 239

I live with this everyday.. LOL My last name starts with GOAT and my DH's name is Billy LMAO

Needless to say that is why I have a disclaimer after my name ... Not a goat farmer LMAO

Melody25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melody25 Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 1:03pm
post #195 of 239

My sister went to school with a girl named Rebecca, Which is fine till you got to her last name. Slutz. Her parents were the ones with the funny names... Seymour and Ima. Then theres Jack Knauf. and he named his some after him... Jack Knauf Jr.

moxey2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moxey2000 Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 1:20pm
post #196 of 239

This is a great thread...especially since we've had some OTT serious ones lately!

Since so many have listed their children's names....my oldest is Rowdy icon_rolleyes.gif . When I was pregnant I was flipping thru the channels and saw the old western Rawhide with Clint Eastwood. He was my favorite actor when I was young and my father and I loved to watch his movies (westerns) together. As soon as I heard a character speak the name "Rowdy" I knew that was the name I wanted icon_lol.gif . Clint's character, Rowdy Yates, was the proverbial good guy on the show and really handsome to boot. My son is almost 19 now, will be a sophomore in college and he says his name is the best conversation starter ever thumbs_up.gif and he loves it. He works in a restaurant and he says his name helps him make great tips! BTW growing up he was about as far from being 'rowdy' as one can get. A perfect child and he's never given me a bit of trouble thumbs_up.gif . On top of all this, his initials are REB icon_lol.gif !

Adrianita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Adrianita Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 2:54pm
post #197 of 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bturpin

I didn't realize that my own child is a victim of bad naming on my part and he's just turning 12!! LOL Although I did think out his initials - they are "ABC" I did not think about the whole first initial last name deal - which I'm sure he will be tormented with for the rest of his life!! So his last name is Coward (which was my maiden name -anyway.....) and his first name begins with an "A"- SOOOOOO - I didn't realize anything was that big of a problem until he came home from his first days in middle school and written across the back of his gym uniform T -shirt is said
A. Coward!!!! AHHHHHHHHH - how bad of a mother am I???? I never thought about it when he was born - I just made sure his initials didn't spell out anything weird and thought it was kind of cute that it was "A.B.C.)- he looked at me when I realized what I had done, and he was like, yea, mom, Thanks!! LOL I can just think of his future now and all the email addresses he will be assigned when he gets a job - [email protected] Poor kid - I really do feel horrible about it!

Dang - that was an honest mistake - I would have never did that on purpose - wish I wouldn't have been so young and dumb! LOL

And my brother is also a police officer so he is Officer Coward!! He gets a few comments from time to time about that too! icon_smile.gif

Awww....is it too late to start calling your son by his middle name? icon_rolleyes.gif

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 2:57pm
post #198 of 239

Okay, this might not be totally 'on topic' but I think it fits in enough. If anyone knows anything about traveling in NJ, then they're probably familiar with one of the bridges here: The Outerbridge Crossing. The funny thing about that bridge is that it was one of two of the first bridges built by the Port Authority of NY & NJ so was named after the first Chairman of the Port Authority, Eugenius Outerbridge.

Wasn't it lucky that they didn't build a tunnel first? *snicker* icon_lol.gif

BCo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCo Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 5:43pm
post #199 of 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrianita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bturpin

I didn't realize that my own child is a victim of bad naming on my part and he's just turning 12!! LOL Although I did think out his initials - they are "ABC" I did not think about the whole first initial last name deal - which I'm sure he will be tormented with for the rest of his life!! So his last name is Coward (which was my maiden name -anyway.....) and his first name begins with an "A"- SOOOOOO - I didn't realize anything was that big of a problem until he came home from his first days in middle school and written across the back of his gym uniform T -shirt is said
A. Coward!!!! AHHHHHHHHH - how bad of a mother am I???? I never thought about it when he was born - I just made sure his initials didn't spell out anything weird and thought it was kind of cute that it was "A.B.C.)- he looked at me when I realized what I had done, and he was like, yea, mom, Thanks!! LOL I can just think of his future now and all the email addresses he will be assigned when he gets a job - [email protected] Poor kid - I really do feel horrible about it!

Oh - just realized - good think it's not Blake A. Coward then it would be B.A.Coward!! LOL

Dang - that was an honest mistake - I would have never did that on purpose - wish I wouldn't have been so young and dumb! LOL

And my brother is also a police officer so he is Officer Coward!! He gets a few comments from time to time about that too! icon_smile.gif

Awww....is it too late to start calling your son by his middle name? icon_rolleyes.gif

Well his middle name is Blake - so it would be "bcoward"! So maybe I can get him to start using both his first and middle initial - abcoward??? Hey that's a lot better then just 'acoward'!!! Poor guy!! I really do feel bad when I think about it! icon_redface.gif

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 6:10pm
post #200 of 239

We also used to laugh because when I was a kid, along our bus route to school, we picked up kids from families with the last names, Black (me), White, Green, Grey, and Brown. We called it a colorful neighborhood...

sisspence Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sisspence Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 1:19am
post #201 of 239

My mom was diagnosed with colarrectum (misspelled?) cancer about 6 years ago, All gone now cancer free, THANK GOD!! Anyway we all know what part of the body that is.. Her cancer doctor that was treating her and still conducts her follow ups name is...........WAIT FOR IT..WAIT FOR IT........"DR. BUTTS" I lie not.

I had a Sergeant that used to work with me at the prison I work at, and his name was Sgt. Green. We had a bunch of inmates (mixed races) out working in the fields one day. Sgt. Green had rode off on his horse and I didn't know where he was going. The other officers were in shouting distance so I yelled to them, "Where'd Green Go?" Needless to say all the inmates thought I was yelling, "Where's the Gringos" so all the spanish inmates stopped working and started pointing at the white inmates and started yelling, "here they are! Why you want just the gringos."
It was funny back then, I guess you had to be there>

mommy2djb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommy2djb Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 2:09am
post #202 of 239

My dad's name is Mike and my mom's name was Marcia, so she used to embroider their initials on everything, until one of her friends pointed out to her that it might not be appropriate. Last name begins with "F". icon_smile.gif

briannastreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briannastreats Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 4:08am
post #203 of 239

I think this was the best post I've read in a long time! It has given me hours of laughs!!! Thank you CC!!!!!!!!!

~~oh, and btw... my initials spell out BLT... I've always hated telling people my middle name, because they always figure out my initials ...

eiyapet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eiyapet Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 4:56am
post #204 of 239

Great thread! LOL

The closest cake supply store to the town I am in is over 30 miles away. We got so sick of people coming in to our bakery wanting to borrow supplies to make thier own cakes we finally put up a sign.
"We would be happy to loan you our cake supplies, but our decorator comes with them at full price."

gabbenmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gabbenmom Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 6:05am
post #205 of 239

Ok so this isn't a sign, but....
a fellow CCer and her husband wanted to take me and my kids to the water park for Father's Day and I was scheduled to work. He told me to tell them I had anal glaucoma....I couldn't see my a$$ going into work today. I had never heard that before. How easily we can be amused!!!

bethyboop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethyboop Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 6:17am
post #206 of 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbenmom

anal glaucoma....I couldn't see my a$$ going into work today.

is that related to compassion fatigue....sometimes you just don't give a sh*t?

gabbenmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gabbenmom Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 8:09pm
post #207 of 239

is that related to compassion fatigue....sometimes you just don't give a sh*t?[/quote]

Bethyboop...laugh out loud!!! I think they are related!!!! Sounds good enough to me.

Ruby2uesday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruby2uesday Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 3:38am
post #208 of 239

ok, ok, i have to say it. Every time i look at the initials MMF for Marshmellow Fondant i think of the alternative lifestyle of 2 males and 1 female that use the initials mmf. i hate that i do it but i do. lol makes me giggle every time.

babysat for a lady in highschool who told me about a guy she went to highschool with. His name was Harold Dick..... went by Harry.

I work at a dental office, i can't belive some of the name combos that come through our office. what are people thinking. (can't say due to hippa laws)

My boyfriend has 3 first names as his full name. and all 3 names are Saints names.... lol yeah right!!! lol

My name is Ruby.... you know what i was called as a kid... Ruby Booby. god i hated that!

oh and this is my favorite sign i've ever found online. never seen one funny enough in person....
LL

Baking_Booth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baking_Booth Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 5:01am
post #209 of 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmommy

We have a local "amusement park" called Santa's Village. There's a sign that says "Unattended children will be put to work as elves" icon_smile.gif.

Do you live in Colorado?

sueco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sueco Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 5:33am
post #210 of 239

Have a sign in my kitchen that reads:
Dinner Choices:
1. Take It
2. Leave It

My ex-MIL went to school with 3 girls that had the last name PIGG. Their names were Ima, Yura and Wera.

Knew a girl whose name was Victoria. She married a guy whose last name was Hickey. Yep, she became Vickie Hickey.

At my old job a guy came in to see my boss. The guy's last name was, I kid you not, DEATH. Can you imaging someone coming into your office and saying "Death is here to see you"?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%