Great Sign Posted At The Cake Supply Store. Unattended...

Decorating By cocobean Updated 5 Aug 2008 , 1:55am by DaisyLisa17

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 6:22am
post #151 of 239

forgot I just saw a bumper sticker today that made us laugh:

"Don't interfere in the affairs of dragons, as you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

I kid you not. We had to think about it for a minute, then we all started laughing. icon_lol.gif

kansaswolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaswolf Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 7:03am
post #152 of 239

I'm gonna have to fish around for my picture of the "Lingere and Children's Wear" store... Um, yeah...

Also, my dad just took a picture of a place called "Ann's Beauty Supply and Wigs". But it was shortened on the neon sign to "Ann's B/S and Wigs"...

I guess there's quite a market for that in DC... icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 7:09am
post #153 of 239

I thnk these are all so great. I am having a hard time reading them and not laughing too hard, cause everyone is asleep.

I only have 1 name; Some years back I used to go buy supplies from a business called Frank N. Stein.

barbaranoel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbaranoel Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 11:24am
post #154 of 239

Our family Dr's name is Dr Slayman.... icon_confused.gif

Our second son was due Dec 27 (actual date is Dec 12) and we were trying to decide on a name. Dh wanted Justin ---- "Just in" time for taxes

bakincakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakincakin Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 1:19pm
post #155 of 239

My Dad went to school with a guy named Stone Wall. icon_confused.gif

Also, my son's name is Hunter and when I was pregnant with my second, my foolish sister said if it was a boy we should name him Fisher. That way we would have a Hunter and a Fisher. icon_confused.gif

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 1:36pm
post #156 of 239

The bar sign reminded me of my visit to the very small town where I was born. Went into the bar, it has been there for years, the sign says:
"We don't have a town drunk, we all take turns." Got a chuckle out of that.

missmeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missmeg Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 1:54pm
post #157 of 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by homecook

forgot I just saw a bumper sticker today that made us laugh:

"Don't interfere in the affairs of dragons, as you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

I love this quote thumbs_up.gificon_lol.gif . I've used it before as a siggy quote on another message board. You wouldn't believe the number of PM's I got from people who just didn't understand it icon_eek.gif .

My whole family is nuts on dragons and medieval stuff, so it fits for us.

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 4:58pm
post #158 of 239

. . . being a little dyslexic myself, I get a bit of a kick out of this one . . .
LL

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 5:15pm
post #159 of 239

dragonflydreams,
icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 5:24pm
post #160 of 239

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif ...make it stop... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif ...make it stop... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

CAUTION: DO NOT read this thread while at work!!!!!

homecook- my son had that dragon one as a tag line on his website for a long time! I loved it!

I went to school with a girl named Holly, last name Wood.

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif ...ok....ok....gotta settle down and get back to work....

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 5:44pm
post #161 of 239

I noticed in an earlier post someone mentioned a Mrs. Moody. My name is Misty Moody. In school, we hada teacher who would always call roll backward. You know...last name first, first name last. My nickname all through high school was Moody Misty.

I went to school with a boy whose last name was Wetnight. And my dad had a friend when I was a kid whose name was Belinda Gay.

cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 5:46pm
post #162 of 239

OK...one more before I go back to work.... icon_biggrin.gif

My dd, Amanda Sue, is marrying a man with a last name that begins with an "S". Her sister has threatened to give them monogramed his and hers towels for their shower gift.....yup, hers would be A. $. $. icon_lol.gif

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 5:49pm
post #163 of 239

. . . nothing funny about this one . . . but MisDawn your post reminds me of one of my co-workers . . . her name is Misty Dawn . . . her married last name is Gray . . . so if you're looking at her driver's license it reads Gray Misty Dawn . . . how beautiful . . . I'm sure she waited for just the perfect last name to pick for a married name . . . icon_lol.gif . . .

Lightningale21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lightningale21 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 5:51pm
post #164 of 239

My last name is Dyck, pronounced dick, mispronounced dyke, I lose both ways. thumbsdown.gif
i have an uncle Corny and Harry. icon_eek.gif
and I'm living in Germany now where my name now means "fat"
Good Times!! thumbs_up.gif

Sunflower08 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sunflower08 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 6:28pm
post #165 of 239

We have some stop signs at an intersection out in the back roads of the county that some one has painted hammertime on all of them..... I

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 6:29pm
post #166 of 239

My last name is Ickes and my first name is dara. When I got an email address when my company first got email years ago, they used the standard first initial, and last name - all together - so my new email address was [email protected]

Yea, that was a good one to give to people.

Staceface81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Staceface81 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 6:39pm
post #167 of 239

Ok..........me again! I went to college with a guy named

PATTON BUTTS

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tramski Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tramski Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 7:07pm
post #168 of 239

foxymomma521, I was just looking at your childrens names at the bottom of your signature. You have a little one with the initial MMF icon_smile.gif

Tramski Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tramski Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 7:20pm
post #169 of 239

I also forgot to mention I have a gynecologist by the name of Dr. Long. I had to edit this to say the name makes my hubby nervous icon_smile.gif

southerncake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncake Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 7:45pm
post #170 of 239

At a mom-and-pop breakfast place in our town, beside the cash register there is a paper labeled "Customer Complaints" with a mousetrap attached!! icon_lol.gif

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 7:55pm
post #171 of 239

Hey Drangonflydreams...my name is Misty Dawn too.

Also, if my boyfriend and I get married, my initials will be M.F.

charman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charman Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 8:07pm
post #172 of 239

We were driving down Interstate one night, and came up on a tractor trailer...they had the sticker on the back that said..."My Lights Are On for Safety"...looked at my husband (ex now...anywho), and said, "That's funny, my lights are on because it's dark!" We got a good laugh out of it.

Melody25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melody25 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 8:15pm
post #173 of 239

These cracked me up!!!!!!1 Now I have to share some of my own...
LL
LL

Melody25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melody25 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 8:22pm
post #174 of 239

oops hit submit before i was done
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL

BCo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCo Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 8:35pm
post #175 of 239

I didn't realize that my own child is a victim of bad naming on my part and he's just turning 12!! LOL Although I did think out his initials - they are "ABC" I did not think about the whole first initial last name deal - which I'm sure he will be tormented with for the rest of his life!! So his last name is Coward (which was my maiden name -anyway.....) and his first name begins with an "A"- SOOOOOO - I didn't realize anything was that big of a problem until he came home from his first days in middle school and written across the back of his gym uniform T -shirt is said
A. Coward!!!! AHHHHHHHHH - how bad of a mother am I???? I never thought about it when he was born - I just made sure his initials didn't spell out anything weird and thought it was kind of cute that it was "A.B.C.)- he looked at me when I realized what I had done, and he was like, yea, mom, Thanks!! LOL I can just think of his future now and all the email addresses he will be assigned when he gets a job - [email protected] Poor kid - I really do feel horrible about it!

Dang - that was an honest mistake - I would have never did that on purpose - wish I wouldn't have been so young and dumb! LOL

And my brother is also a police officer so he is Officer Coward!! He gets a few comments from time to time about that too! icon_smile.gif

kakelady00009 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakelady00009 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 8:38pm
post #176 of 239

Hey Melody25 that Bat Cave sign looks familiar.....is it in NC-just outside of Hendersonville? I live in Brevard, and I have to say I never really looked at that sign---geesh! icon_redface.gif

OK here's mine, growing up I was Melissa Ann Dickson (MAD), I married Rick James (not the singer), and did ya'll hear that NC has recalled all of the license plates that start with WTF!!!! I want one of those now! icon_lol.gif

My sister married a "sepanski" and they named their son Patrick Michael (PMS)
And whoever had the doctor Dr. Finger-just be thankful he wasn't an OB/GYN!!! that would really suck thumbs_up.gif

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 8:54pm
post #177 of 239

Okay, this thread's kept me in stitches today. I decided to add to it.

First, it's been mentioned before, but my son had a substitute teacher named Ms. Barfus (can you imagine the abuse she took, especially being a sub?!).

Next, one of my casual acquaintences and fellow PTO member ran for a position in town last year. Her last name is Mass. Her running mate, whom was listed first is named Payne; so it was Payne and Mass.

I went to school with a girl named Temesha Butts, but now when you look her up on classmates.com her (I guess married name) new name is Boozer. Don't know which of those I'd choose if given the choice.

My DH was named after his father, Nicholas, but his middle initial is A and our last name begins with a D. He refuses to have anything with his initials/monogram listed. lol Poor guy.

Then there's a neighbor whose family name is Allen and the daughter was in my son's class and takes the school bus with my kids. The girl's name is the same as mine, except to make it cute they take off the 'e' and add an 'ie'.

And there's the pediatrician around here that I almost used except for the fact that they didn't accept our insurance, so our children don't go to Dr. Frank Sinatra.

My cousin Michele Turzilli got married about 10 years ago to a man whose last name is Strmel (pronounced stra - mel). They moved three years ago to Rochelle Place in NY state. My cousin, Michele Strmel on Rochelle. lol That still cracks me up!!

Almost done: About two years ago my family and I were heading into the City via the Holland Tunnel and apparently there were new condo's or co-op's for sale. A giant sign announced this by saying: "If you lived here you'd be home right now". I turned to my husband and said, "If we lived in our car we'd hardly ever leave home". He thought that was pretty funny.

Finally, a really stupid sign that I've seen on the internet many times and it's suppose to be real:
LL

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 9:07pm
post #178 of 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansaswolf

I'm gonna have to fish around for my picture of the "Lingere and Children's Wear" store... Um, yeah...

....... icon_lol.gif

I actually like this one! After all lingerie often leads to children! icon_lol.gif

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 9:16pm
post #179 of 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by marthajo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansaswolf

....... icon_lol.gif

I actually like this one! After all lingerie often leads to children! icon_lol.gif

That reminds me of a few years ago when I had to return something in the children's dept. in Sears and in walking there I led my DH through the lingerie dept instead of walking around it. He made a joke about having me tease him by walking thru there and I responded that it was quicker than walking around the perimeter and that I couldn't help if they put the store in the proper order: first comes lingerie then comes the children's stuff. He got a good chuckle out of that.

Homemade-Goodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Homemade-Goodies Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 10:01pm
post #180 of 239

I knew a lady whose maiden name was Wise, and she married a man named Looney.

I love the saying "Procrastinate NOW!".

And lastly, my brother said that the only reason he was putting on weight was because of his 2 psychological conditions: Bulimia and Procrastination...he binges, then puts off purging!!! LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%