Coconut Cake

Decorating By ArtieTs Updated 2 Jul 2008 , 1:18am by funcakes

ArtieTs Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 8:53pm
post #1 of 6

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a really good coconut cake to use for practicing tiered cakes?

5 replies
sadiepix Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 9:40pm
post #2 of 6

Are you wanting just coconut flavor or actual coconut in the cake?

Have you checked out the recipe section here? There are lots of good ones I am sure...I have not made it through them all yet. icon_smile.gif

crystalina1977 Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 10:33pm
post #3 of 6

i always check allrecipes.com for new recipes i'm looking for as they have user reviews which are very helpful. i personally hate cococut so i don't have a recipe to share!

sadiepix Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 11:10pm
post #4 of 6

Yeah, there are some fantastic recipe sites out there as well as here.

I adore my fresh coconut cake, but don't really like the coconut flavoring ones.

allee Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 1:33pm
post #5 of 6

If you are using a mix, you can get coconut in DH, or if you are using a scratch recipe, just sub cream of coconut for the water in your recipe. I use a doctored white mix and use the cream of coconut in place of the water. I tried the DH, but it wasn't coconutty enough for me. HTH

funcakes Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 1:18am
post #6 of 6

My daughter's favorite cake is coconut cake. To make an easy version especially for practice take a DH french vanilla mix, use coconut MILK (not coconut cream) in place of the water and stir in a cup of unsweetened coconut after mixing.

I torte this cake, use lime curd and lemon curd as a filling and frost with BC.

*you can usually find coconut milk in the food section with the Asian foods at most grocery stores.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%