Cream Cheese Cake Recipe That Can Be Made Into A Layer Cake

Baking By SueB Updated 1 Jul 2008 , 11:03pm by sadiepix

SueB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueB Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 7:40pm
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone! I have tasted a cheese cake that was made into a 2 layer cake. A friend of the lady that made it told her it was very simple but wouldn't divulge the recipe. She did hint that it had cool whip in it. I have seen many recipes for a cool whip/cream cheese pie where you use the graham cracker crust but like I said, I would like to create a 2 layer cake like she did. Does anyone have this recipe or know how I would adjust the pie recipe to make it stable enough to use as a layer cake. Thanks for any help you can give me!

3 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 1:37am
post #2 of 4
SueB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueB Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 3:22am
post #3 of 4

Thanks JanH for the links and info!

sadiepix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadiepix Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 11:03pm
post #4 of 4

I think I know what you mean..this had no actual cake in it right? (No baked goods)

While I have never used Cool Whip (ew) I have done layered no-bake cheesecakes and then iced them in whipped cream.

Essentially I make half my no-bake recipe with a little extra gelatin, and pour it into a springform pan, The once it has hardened a bit I pour in a filling (usually something that will set also) and allow it to set. The make the other half of the recipe and pout it on top. Allow to chill for 16-24 hours and then remove from the pan. Ice if desired with a whipped cream icing/creme fraiche etc.

I never do more than 2 layers unless the filling is something that sets very firmly.

Don't know if this is the sort of thing you are after, but if so, I imagine it could be done with the cool-whip recipe if you add some extra gelatin to it.

Good luck! Sounds cool and summery!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%