Help With Gerber

Decorating By stampinron Updated 1 Jul 2008 , 2:30pm by stampinron

stampinron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stampinron Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 6:06pm
post #1 of 7

Everytime I look at my gerber, I see a sunflower. Can anyone give me some tips?

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1238895.html

6 replies
havingfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
havingfun Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 7:16pm
post #2 of 7

Your daisy is beautiful, why do you need tips?? I went outside on my deck and looked at my Gerbers, and the only thing I would do is take my grass tip (233) and put some texture on the center. Just lightly make impressions on the finished center before assembling your petals. Where did you get your Gerber cutter? It is a beautiful flower - well done.

Tona Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tona Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 11:45pm
post #3 of 7

very pretty flower try changing the color this may be why it reminds you of a sunflower. I thought it was very pretty.

qubanqtee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
qubanqtee Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 11:52pm
post #4 of 7

I think you flower is beautiful, I wish I could make a flower that looks like that.

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 12:23am
post #5 of 7

Beautiful!!! We have the exact same color gerbers around here. How did you do the smaller petals that around the center?

michellesArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellesArt Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 12:39am
post #6 of 7

i felt exactly the same when i made my gerbers (i ended up buying real for the cake) i agree to change the colour that might help and for me, i used the wilton daisy cutters (the nesting set) and my petals ended up pointier so all i saw was daisy. you flower does look spectacular though

stampinron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stampinron Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 2:30pm
post #7 of 7

I took the advice from other posts and got the PME cutters from global sugar art. (Awesome service, got them in like 4 days)The smaller petals are done with the smallest cutter, I got the 3 pack, cut in 1/2 length wise.

Havingfun....thankyou for the advice. I am working on some new centers now. I think that will help. I will be doing them i fall colors, so I'll update with finished with them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%