What's The Strangest Request You've Had?

Baking By Afterezra Updated 1 Jul 2008 , 4:50pm by smab109

Afterezra Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 4:49pm
post #1 of 9

I just finished an order for a bouquet. The customer wanted gerbera daisies (good), any kind of bird (no problem), nail polish bottles (really?), and the flag of Haiti (!!!).

Does anyone know the gal on Ace of Cakes, I think her name is Anna, who freaks out when she's supposed to make something that doesn't make sense to her? Well that's exactly how I am. I'm hoping that becomes easier with experience.

On a bright note, I did learn a little about Haiti in the process.

Tara

8 replies
Sugarflowers Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 7:20pm
post #2 of 9

The most unusual cake request I ever got was for a man getting out jail for embezzlement. The wife wanted the "Get out of Jail" card from Monopoly as the design except with her husband's name on it. Apparently, the family loved it.

It was not my kind of funny, but to each their own.

Michele

toleshed Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 10:32pm
post #3 of 9

I had a girl that wanted a thank you bouquet for people that did her husbands colonoscopy. She wanted a "derriere" with a hose coming out of it. She wanted several "poop" cookies. and I threw in a thank you cookie. Shes a nurse and works with these people

yankeegal Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 11:24pm
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by toleshed

I had a girl that wanted a thank you bouquet for people that did her husbands colonoscopy. She wanted a "derriere" with a hose coming out of it. She wanted several "poop" cookies. and I threw in a thank you cookie. Shes a nurse and works with these people

icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif -I don't even know what to say about that!!! Some people are just too funny!

gottabakenow Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 11:37pm
post #5 of 9

crazy people. icon_surprised.gif 80

mommy2djb Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 11:40pm
post #6 of 9

So far my strangest one was for a bridal shower. She wanted the "pregnant belly" cake, only she wanted it on a mermaid. icon_lol.gif

justgale Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 2:23pm
post #7 of 9

weridest request I've ever had was for a cake. They wanted a guy on the back porch fighting a squirl with a broom. It was at work and a walk up order so I told them it was impossible on that short of a notice. (not that I could of done it anyway.) I did put a broom on a ready made cake and they went away happy.
Sherri

Afterezra Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 4:38pm
post #8 of 9

I guess I'm a little squeamish, but I don't know that I would enjoy eating a poo shaped cookie. I'm love to see someone's reaction to one, though!

The get-out-of-jail-free cake is so not funny that it is funny. I could see my family doing something like that. Hopefully the need won't arise. icon_smile.gif

smab109 Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 4:50pm
post #9 of 9

Just got this call today and not sure if I will take the order...

Its the 20th Anniversary for a welding business. They are known for their fine line welding, they can weld on top of a razor blade.

The want two cakes to look like this

http://kellersfinelinewelding.com/index.html

I suggested doing an edible image of the company logo, but thats too boring for them! Not sure what direction I am going to go on this one, if at all!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%