Please Help---Cc Logo On Purse Cake

Decorating By Rosie2 Updated 3 Jul 2008 , 6:32pm by Rosie2

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 4:30pm
post #1 of 22

Does any of you have any tips on how to make the logo for a Coach purse cake??
I'm not having much luck doing my own stencil...it came out awfull!! I've seen Coach purse cakes here and my goodness they are perfect!---I've read that some of you made your own stencil, but my stencil making techniques suck! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif I even bought a stencil cutter but those cutters either require an expert or they don't work really well. Is there such a thing like a cutter already made for the Cs???
I am trying to do a purse cake for my daughter this coming weekend so, to practice, yesterday I tried to cut the Cs with an exacto knife and that didn't work either icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif pleaseeee!!...all the experts outhere...how do you do the darn Cs??

Thank you all and forgive my frustration...as you can imagine I'm not an expert. I only do cakes for fun icon_lol.gif ---and I'm suppose to be having fun with my daughter's cake icon_biggrin.gif

21 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 4:51pm
post #2 of 22

Rosie, My suggestion is to print out a bunch of logos the right size and start piping over them--maybe put a waxed paper over them or something and pipe over. Just practice and free hand it on the cake. Maybe like make little dots where they will be spaced but just go for it. That's what I did on mine anyway.

Or or or--cut out one of the logos you printed out--can you print them out on a computer somewhere?? I cover both sides with tape before cutting them out so they have more body. And trace them onto the cake with a pin--just make a little scratch there around the outline and fill them in. Use crusting buttercream smoosh out the piping lines wa la.

Lemonydoodles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lemonydoodles Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 4:54pm
post #3 of 22

no advice here, as I have yet to venture in that area of cakes....but here's a bump for you & hope you get your answer!

Rosie2 Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 5:12pm
post #4 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by k8memphis

Rosie, My suggestion is to print out a bunch of logos the right size and start piping over them--maybe put a waxed paper over them or something and pipe over. Just practice and free hand it on the cake. Maybe like make little dots where they will be spaced but just go for it. That's what I did on mine anyway.

Or or or--cut out one of the logos you printed out--can you print them out on a computer somewhere?? I cover both sides with tape before cutting them out so they have more body. And trace them onto the cake with a pin--just make a little scratch there around the outline and fill them in. Use crusting buttercream smoosh out the piping lines wa la.

Ahhhh, K8memphis, you're an angel!! thumbs_up.gif I'm awfull at piping, but your idea of cutting them and tracing sounds great!! yeah, I can print and will cut them like you said.
Thank you forever thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Rosie2 Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 8:29pm
post #5 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonydoodles

no advice here, as I have yet to venture in that area of cakes....but here's a bump for you & hope you get your answer!

Thanks a lot Lemonydoodles! thumbs_up.gif

-K8memphis Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 11:45pm
post #6 of 22

Ok --well here's an idea so you don't have to pipe. Roll out some fondant and get a nice little knife and cut them out using your handy dandy template. Smooth the edge with your finger. Or if you are real good at cutting just leave them all unsmoothed on the edges.

As far as the handle on my cake --I used something very strange inside.

Ok--I was making calla lily stems. I took some watery glue like elmer's and some flower wires and some paper towels. (I said it was weird) I dipped the paper towels in the watery glue and wrapped it around the wire to make the wire fatter but still bendable. icon_biggrin.gif

So back to the handle--I fashioned the handle around two of those calla lily stem starters leaving big tails on both ends of the handle so I could totally dry out the handle in my warming drawer and then stick it into the cake and it stood up real good. The calla lily stem things were twisted up together in the top of the handle and extended out each end like I described. Nice and strong--very secure.

I'm sure not saying do that--but that is how thoose were made. Those girls that I made those cakes for are serious purse-aholics. They are some sweet friends.

The pink color wow I don't know--I have a ton of different kids of pink coloring. It might be a rose color I totally have no recollection what I used. Maybe rose pink? It might have my Chefmaster Pink candy color.

I hope you do enjoy doing your cake!!! I know your daughter will really enjoy your sweet treat to her made with Mom's love.

-K8memphis Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 11:49pm
post #7 of 22

Rosie, it's all pearl dust-ed too.

Wow that's so strange I keep trying to say it's all p-e-a-r-l- -d-u-s-t-e-d too and it won't print all the letter. anyhow...

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 11:50pm
post #8 of 22

Do you happen to have a set of oval cutters? I too was struggling to do all those crazy CC logos for a Coach purse a few weeks ago...but time didn't permit accuracy! icon_rolleyes.gif

I just used fondant and two sizes of oval cutters to make the "lazy version" of the C's. icon_redface.gif

Even using round cutters and just bending the fondant cut-out shapes would save you hours of work.
LL

Rosie2 Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 1:52am
post #9 of 22

Ahhhhh, so much talent in here!!! icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gif
Thank you soooo much from the bottom of my heart to sweet K8memphis for the instructions on the purse handle and thank you dear Antonia74 for the good advice---none of these techniques I ever imagined in my little head he,he icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif ---
Like I mentioned before...I do this for fun, but yesterday it wasn't a lot of fun since nothing was working...
My daughter is also a 'purse-aholic' and she'll be thrilled to see a Coach purse on her cake....I hope! icon_biggrin.gif

You all have a wonderful day!
Rosie

Rosie2 Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 1:58am
post #10 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by k8memphis

Rosie, it's all -ed too.

Wow that's so strange I keep trying to say it's all p-e-a-r-l- -d-u-s-t-e-d too and it won't print all the letter. anyhow...

My friend, I printed all your instructions on the purse handle to study them when I go home icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif and yeah, I noticed that about the 'p-e-a-r-l d-u-s-t' word---strange...

Thank you again...if I had you next to me I'd give you a hug icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 2:41pm
post #11 of 22

There's a template in the templates section:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1222865

Can you do FBCT or chocolate transfer for the C's?

HTH!!!

Rosie2 Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 5:08pm
post #12 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by emrldsky

There's a template in the templates section:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1222865

Can you do FBCT or chocolate transfer for the C's?

HTH!!!

Thank you very much Emrldsky, but what is a FBCT? and I had no idea you can do a chocolate tranfer for the C's... icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif and yes I did get the teamplate and helped a lot last night.

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 5:15pm
post #13 of 22

Sorry, Frozen Butter Cream Transfer. Tutorial here:

http://www.cakecentral.com/article12-How-To-Create-a-Frozen-Buttercream-Transfer.html

icon_smile.gif I'm still struggling with all the acronyms. Here's the acronym guide for this site:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-2926.html

Good luck!

Rosie2 Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 5:36pm
post #14 of 22

Girls, I have an update!!
Last night I was able to cut a pretty clean stencil for the C's, wohooo!!!! icon_biggrin.gif and no, I didn't use the 'stencil cutter' or the x-acto knife. I used a small (very sharp) pair of scissors...the ones you use to cut very small stuff. First I reduced the pattern, trace it into the stencil paper and then just cut the C's with the scissors---it took me a while but I think I got a pretty clean stencil...my previous stencils were very ugly, he,he

Now here comes the questions, he,he icon_biggrin.gif
Would you use gumpaste, fondant, pastillaje or the likes for the C's??Also, do you paint the C's, on the fondant, before or after you apply it to the cake?
Ok, thank you all and have a wonderful day!
Rosie
p.s. note*** I only cut the stencil, I haven't cut the C's yet...

Rosie2 Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 5:40pm
post #15 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by emrldsky

Sorry, Frozen Butter Cream Transfer. Tutorial here:

http://www.cakecentral.com/article12-How-To-Create-a-Frozen-Buttercream-Transfer.html

icon_smile.gif I'm still struggling with all the acronyms. Here's the acronym guide for this site:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-2926.html

Good luck!

Thank you Emrldsky, you're so very kind! I will study both articles, he,he icon_smile.gif

Thanks a million!!!

wendy1273 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendy1273 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 4:19am
post #16 of 22

Rosie,
I posted the instructions no too long ago and you can see on my pics the Coach bags that I made.
Hope this can help

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-591909.html

I use brown spray paint and a brush almost dry and go on top of the stencil, once I'm done painting over the stencil I take a smaller brush and do the touch ups.

Rosie2 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 5:12pm
post #17 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy1273

Rosie,
I posted the instructions no too long ago and you can see on my pics the Coach bags that I made.
Hope this can help

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-591909.html

I use brown spray paint and a brush almost dry and go on top of the stencil, once I'm done painting over the stencil I take a smaller brush and do the touch ups.

Thank you so very much Wendy1273, you're very kind! the cake purse you made is totally awesome! sooooo real looking icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif
I did see your template and I used it as an example to do my stencil. When you said you used spray paint---that means you have an air-brush gun? I don't have that so I've looked for those Wilton spray cans but I never find color brown...I may just use the black spray can.
Thanks a million Wendy and have an awesome day!!
Rosie icon_smile.gif

wendy1273 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 6:17pm
post #18 of 22

Rosie,
I used the paint with a brush because I tried with the air brush before and I did not like when I went to do the touch ups it did not look neat.

Buy the paint that you are suppose to use with the machine and you can paint with it with your brushes.
I love it.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Wendy

Rosie2 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 8:02pm
post #19 of 22
Quote:

Rosie,
I used the paint with a brush because I tried with the air brush before and I did not like when I went to do the touch ups it did not look neat.

Buy the paint that you are suppose to use with the machine and you can paint with it with your brushes.
I love it.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Wendy

Ahhh, thank you Wendy!!! and forgive me but yes, I do have more questions icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif
When do you paint the C's? before or after you apply fondant to the cake?? and, do you mix your fondant with gumpaste to cover your cake or just straight fondant?
Ok, thanks a million!! thumbs_up.gif

wendy1273 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 10:53pm
post #20 of 22

I paint the C's after the cake is cover, never paint fondant before covering the cake it will not work.

I used to use MMF but I got tire of the different results when you mix it and is too much work knitting it, I use satin ice fondant and I don't mix it with anything.

Let me know if you have any more questions, I don't mind.

Wendy

Rosie2 Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 6:30pm
post #21 of 22
Quote:

I paint the C's after the cake is cover, never paint fondant before covering the cake it will not work.

I used to use MMF but I got tire of the different results when you mix it and is too much work knitting it, I use satin ice fondant and I don't mix it with anything.

Wendy

Ahhh, thank you teacher-Wendy! I just found satin ice at a little shop where I buy all my baking stuff. I am going to try my purse-cake today icon_wink.gif
Gracias and have a wonderful day! thumbs_up.gif
Rosie icon_smile.gif

Rosie2 Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 6:32pm
post #22 of 22
Quote:

Wendy

Ahhh, thank you teacher-Wendy! I just found satin ice at a little shop where I buy all my baking stuff. I am going to try my purse-cake today icon_wink.gif
Gracias and have a wonderful day! thumbs_up.gif
Rosie icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%