Thought You Could All Use A Laugh This Morning....

Decorating By sarahnichole975 Updated 30 Jun 2008 , 6:32pm by debster

sarahnichole975 Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 4:13pm
post #1 of 17

Last weekend I was working on my Noah's ark cake and DH had just gotten the little one to bed when he came in the kitchen and started observing me. He looked at the invitation I was going off of and asked if I had any green fondant. I was all tickled that he was expressing an interest in helping out. I asked him what he was going to do and he said he was going to make the green owls on top of the ark.

Poor darlin', he definitely shouldn't quit his day job. We laughed so hard over these things. Guess the intent was sweet, but sheesh....

My sis in law said this is what happens when the Marx brothers meet Cheech and Chong. By number 3, he was just being silly....
LL

16 replies
Parable Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 4:30pm
post #2 of 17

Awww but what quality time spent together!

butterflywings Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 4:33pm
post #3 of 17

teehee.... ok, so they aren't great.. BUT at least he didn't go bury his nose in the TV or a video game while you were working.. he wanted to share that time with you, which is really all that matters

Franluvsfrosting Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 5:23pm
post #4 of 17

LOL, those are so cute! What's with the one with the red eyes? Is he hung over? icon_biggrin.gif

Seriously though, since I haven't attempted fondant figures yet your DH is probably better than me! It is sweet that he wanted to work with you too.

sweetsbyJ Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 5:26pm
post #5 of 17

Aw..that is so cute! I would frame that!

jadak Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 5:35pm
post #6 of 17

Those are priceless! I think you should tuck them away somewhere and then put them on his birthday cake when that rolls around. icon_biggrin.gif

tonedna Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 5:35pm
post #7 of 17

lol...the las one looks like he is hungover and smoking!

Edna icon_lol.gif

tyty Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 5:36pm
post #8 of 17

I'll give him an E for effort. Thanks for the laugh.

mgdqueen Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 5:36pm
post #9 of 17

LOL-thanks for sharing! It's so nice that he was hanging out with you...even if his owls are a little questionable. thumbs_up.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 5:38pm
post #10 of 17

Oh I don't know, I think he shows tremendous talent! icon_biggrin.gif

Crazy-4-Cakes Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 5:44pm
post #11 of 17

Wow, too funny. I have just the opposite, a husband with great artistic talent but when I need help sculpting, I have to beg, plead and bribe him for help!

I'm gonna show him this! Thanks for the smile!

Homemade-Goodies Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 5:45pm
post #12 of 17

A riot! Hide your chips and Twinkies...number 3 is gonna have the munchies later for sure!!! lol

I love when my husband hangs out while I'm working too....it's fun! icon_biggrin.gif

fondantfrenzy Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 5:52pm
post #13 of 17

Well I hate to say this..but I think they probaby would look way better than any figures i would make....i am soo scared to even attempt fondant figures.....

Gotta love him for trying..sooo cute!

Meloda Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 5:57pm
post #14 of 17

Awwww, they are so cute. My husband hangs around "to help", he is like our dogs waiting for scraps. He says he is helping me clean up by eating the scraps. He is notorious for taking cake scraps and wanting to dredge them through the icing icon_confused.gif At least your husband ASKED if you had any extra fondant, I think that is adorable icon_smile.gif

I think the idea of saving them for your DH's bd cake is a great idea. It will be a "Kodak" moment when he sees them again. Too cute, I love the last one!

melanie

jessieb578 Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 6:03pm
post #15 of 17

icon_lol.gif they're adorable!! too funny....

sarahnichole975 Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 6:29pm
post #16 of 17

lol....yeah, number three 'bout made me fall off my stool. He's looking a little rough. Wish I had been drinking with him! He was obviously hitting the painting vodka!!! I would have saved them, but when I went to move them, we started loosing body parts, beaks heads, cigarettes, it was a fondant owl massacre. And I'm very tickled he took an interest. He does help with baking sometimes and swears he wants to work with me when I ever get a shop.....maybe he could be the business manager....lol

debster Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 6:32pm
post #17 of 17

Thanks for sharing I literally LOL here, It looks like he did better than I would of done though. Sweet story thanks for sharing,].

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%